Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groupon available to see former Valley team in action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a minute? Does Groupon have to "buy" the tickets they resell, or do they just offer pass-through stuff and exist off of advertising dollars for clicks?

If Groupon has to buy the tickets, then somebody is selling them at a loss (compared to their normal markups) to get butts in seats. I could see where the ticketing agency would sell them for $5. That's still more than $0. IBA has discounted some tickets to WSU games, but can you imagine the ticketing agency paying a third party to help sell them?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Box score says attendance of 15,015. Yeah... um, no.
      What. in. the. heck.? All I can think of is the tickets were part of the season package and the groupon seats were just leftovers in the very upper tier? That is the ONLY way to make sense of that reported number, given the photographic evidence, no?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        What. in. the. heck.? All I can think of is the tickets were part of the season package and the groupon seats were just leftovers in the very upper tier? That is the ONLY way to make sense of that reported number, given the photographic evidence, no?
        I'm sure the reported numbers are just season tickets, plus student allotment, plus walk-up. No real mystery. I was just making fun at the obviously huge disparity between sold and butts-in-seats.

Creighton doesn't have a historical precedent to long-term support their attendance figures over the last 5-10 years. Prior to the program moving in to the new municipal arena, and the corresponding "run" (of very little national relevance), they had very poor MBB attendance - like Drake style fan support. If Coach Mac returns to mean, as it appears he is doing, then it is reasonable to believe their attendance will return to mean as well, which will look hilarious in an arena that size. CU's fan base is very dis-attached; there is little loyalty or passion. CU MBB is basically just something fun to do in Omaha, much like going to the zoo or some such. There are no correlatives between a true college basketball fan base such as WSU's, KU's, etc, and what CU has.

Comment

Working...
        X