Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groupon available to see former Valley team in action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon available to see former Valley team in action.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-creighton-mens-basketball

What happened to all those sell out games a few years ago?I thought the Big East was quality entertainment.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-creighton-mens-basketball

What happened to all those sell out games a few years ago?I thought the Big East was quality entertainment.
    LMAO. $6?

I don't even think Missouri State has prices that low to watch a basketball game. This should have been put in the main forum in the Creighton disaster thread for maximum exposure.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm surprised....usually you don't have to bribe alcoholics that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I'm surprised....usually you don't have to bribe alcoholics that hard.
        The $6.00 promotion isn't connected to the $1.00 Beer Night.

Comment

C-Link (or somebody) charges a $6 service fee for each ticket sold. CU does this every year.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Where are the hunting updates????

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              LMAO. $6?

I don't even think Missouri State has prices that low to watch a basketball game. This should have been put in the main forum in the Creighton disaster thread for maximum exposure.
              I thought about putting it in that thread but felt it was best to keep it out of the shocker hoops forum. Trust me I dis like cu as much or more as anyone on here.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Where are the hunting updates????
                They are in the off Topic forum. Going to bed. Two Canada geese, a bluebill and a mallard hen. Slow day at the St. Croix Flowage. 59° and windy didn't help.

I'm Drunker than a panda hopped up on eucalyptus leaves right now. Need to sleep. 4:30 wake up, morning shoot, clean the condo and road trip home.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  They are in the off Topic forum. Going to bed. Two Canada geese, a bluebill and a mallard hen. Slow day at the St. Croix Flowage. 59° and windy didn't help.

I'm Drunker than a panda hopped up on eucalyptus leaves right now. Need to sleep. 4:30 wake up, morning shoot, clean the condo and road trip home.
                  Do you clean a condo the same as any other water fowl?

Comment

Hey now, we're being a little harsh. Let's give credit where credit is due. Bribing hoards of stingy Midwestern alcoholic UNL football fans with cheap booze and tickets to watch a team most have never heard of and don't care about is simply marketing genius. Kudos to the Creighton athletic department for how it's handling the implosion of its basketball program and a complete lack of interest in the sorry product they put on the court.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Six dollars to see a D1 college basketball game? That's hilarious!

What's the cheapest ticket for WSU baseball? Seven dollars?

Six dollars won't even get you into a matinee movie.
                      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; November 9, 2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Actual in-game pictures from Creighton's exhibition on Friday:

Box score says attendance of 15,015. Yeah... um, no. Bet you could hear the basketballs bounce, and the shoes squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Six dollars to see a D1 college basketball game? That's hilarious!

What's the cheapest ticket for WSU baseball? Seven dollars?

Six dollars won't even get you into a matinee movie.
                          I wasn't exactly clear in an earlier post.

$6 is the total cost to the purchaser.

Of that $6, $6 goes to service charges connected with buying the ticket. Creighton gets nothing. C-Link gets a bunch of people in there to drink beer. The ticketing agency gets $6. Everybody in the equation (except for Creighton) comes out ahead. That's part of how things work with a rented facility.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Box score says attendance of 15,015. Yeah... um, no. Bet you could hear the basketballs bounce, and the shoes squeak.
                            That probably is a sold ticket attendance. It just doesn't say that groupon and the selling agency bought them for about 50 bucks...total.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Omaha's team.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X