Kunkel on KU in the World Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

So, Kunkel wants to see KU play more like WSU plays and Self is using the summer workouts to play more like WSU plays. I think the "flag" in "flagship" has been passed.
    Seems like a very bone head reply because self has always coached defense first teams and I respect the shockers they have played well the last few years but they get so cocky for a team that plays in a mid major conference that doesn't have much time being a great team left with all your good players graduating

Comment

Oh there's another of those KU bubble boys. Hooray KU. We've been great forever, and we are the most dominant team in the most dominant conference until tourney time...blah blah blah. 78-65
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
        Seems like a very bone head reply because self has always coached defense first teams and I respect the shockers they have played well the last few years but they get so cocky for a team that plays in a mid major conference that doesn't have much time being a great team left with all your good players graduating
        You must be either pre-pubescent or post-menopausal, because you are missing all of your periods.

Comment

I'm not the grammar police, but ... RUN ON SENTENCE! Breeeeeath. Throw in a random comma. Maybe even a period! Demonstrate to us that your KU degree was worth the 50% extra you paid over the school with the best basketball team in the state of Kansas. You do/did go to KU, right?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In public speaking they teach you that fast talking like that is caused by nervousness.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

"plays in a mid major conference that doesn't have much time being a great team left with all your good players graduating"

1. Yes it is a mid-major conference. A mid-major conference that holds several wins over KU lately. Weird.
              2. Don't hold your breath on that second part.

Arguments like this are always so easy to win because, well... facts. Some KU fans are surprisingly able to overlook facts and focus primarily on how they feel about the situation...

At least the whole "we would soooo beat you if we ever played, but you are so far down beneath us that we don't even need to play the game" argument has been curbed for a while.

Comment

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, but that is one hell of a run-on sentence.

EDIT: Whoops... beat to the punch by about three other posters.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

In before ban.

Where to even begin. I suppose with the conference claim. See, no one here claims the Valley is great. But goodness do we hear about how great the Big 12 is. Unfortunately there is some terrible data for you regarding the comparison. In the past 10 years, KU has wisely avoided Valley teams like the plague. After all, they suck and can only hurt the RPI. The drawback is that the NCAA occasionally forces KU to play Valley teams. 4 times, in fact, in the last 10 years. KU is 1-3 in those 4 games, against teams seeded an average of over 6 spots below them. Not exactly dominant. Interestingly, KU had a combined higher in-league winning percentage than those Valley teams did the years they played. If you draw the lines there it says that the top teams in the Valley are better than KU on a neutral floor, and the rest of the Valley is closer to the top teams in the Valley than the rest of the Big12 teams are to KU. Again, not a real great look for the Big12.

Regarding KU's amazing defense, again, I have some bad news. You see, in those four games against Valley competition, KU is giving up 70.5ppg. Not exactly stellar. If you take out the '07 SIU team that literally tried not to score the ball for as much time as possible, that goes up to 75ppg. Yikes!

Regarding the cockiness: Are you talking about the team? Cause they have a little well-earned swag, but they are generally known as some of the most gracious winners (and they are winners) around. If you're referring to the fan-base, then I suppose that could be true. To which I might just say, karma is a b!tch sometimes.

And finally, to the "not much time left" argument. Hey, at least that's progress. People have been saying the team would suck the very next year for like 5 years. At least now you're willing to include a buffer year to your argument (kinda hard not to I suppose, given the head-to-head result in KUs last game, and the Top 5 team WSU has returning). WSU has been graduating (and I say graduating because it's important) play-makers, difference-makers, and post-collegiate-players for years now and has somehow managed to keep limping along. In fact, the trajectory has been steadily upward. I might point out that not all of WSU's good players are graduating this year. Just because you don't know their names didn't mean they didn't help defeat your team last year (that might sting a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      In before ban.

Where to even begin. I suppose with the conference claim. See, no one here claims the Valley is great. But goodness do we hear about how great the Big 12 is. Unfortunately there is some terrible data for you regarding the comparison. In the past 10 years, KU has wisely avoided Valley teams like the plague. After all, they suck and can only hurt the RPI. The drawback is that the NCAA occasionally forces KU to play Valley teams. 4 times, in fact, in the last 10 years. KU is 1-3 in those 4 games, against teams seeded an average of over 6 spots below them. Not exactly dominant. Interestingly, KU had a combined higher in-league winning percentage than those Valley teams did the years they played. If you draw the lines there it says that the top teams in the Valley are better than KU on a neutral floor, and the rest of the Valley is closer to the top teams in the Valley than the rest of the Big12 teams are to KU. Again, not a real great look for the Big12.

Regarding KU's amazing defense, again, I have some bad news. You see, in those four games against Valley competition, KU is giving up 70.5ppg. Not exactly stellar. If you take out the '07 SIU team that literally tried not to score the ball for as much time as possible, that goes up to 75ppg. Yikes!

Regarding the cockiness: Are you talking about the team? Cause they have a little well-earned swag, but they are generally known as some of the most gracious winners (and they are winners) around. If you're referring to the fan-base, then I suppose that could be true. To which I might just say, karma is a b!tch sometimes.

And finally, to the "not much time left" argument. Hey, at least that's progress. People have been saying the team would suck the very next year for like 5 years. At least now you're willing to include a buffer year to your argument (kinda hard not to I suppose, given the head-to-head result in KUs last game, and the Top 5 team WSU has returning). WSU has been graduating (and I say graduating because it's important) play-makers, difference-makers, and post-collegiate-players for years now and has somehow managed to keep limping along. In fact, the trajectory has been steadily upward. I might point out that not all of WSU's good players are graduating this year. Just because you don't know their names didn't mean they didn't help defeat your team last year (that might sting a bit).
                      This post is glorious.

Comment

In before ban.

My guess is they probably know at least two of the great players that will still be here after this year. First, Conner Frankamp, who I'm sure they would probably now call useless, or untalented,or some other negative word that would be exactly opposite of what they said when he signed at KU. Second, Zach Brown, who just happened to run a circle around their most recent "lottery pick" on his way to a dunk that pretty much sealed their fate in this years NCAA tourney.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Kansas has a basketball team?

Comment

KU is 1-3 in those 4 games, against teams seeded an average of over 6 spots below them.
                            Is the 1 that they won the game against SIU? Because SIU was so darn close to winning that game you have to call it a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Kansas has a basketball team?
                              Maybe it's DII?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                I don't know what the heck this is, what it's supposed to mean, or how it relates to the context of this thread. But I think it's funny as hell and deserved a Like anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X