UNC recieves NOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC recieves NOA

They've received the notice of allegations from the NCAA. Roy bows out in 5..4..3..2

Comment

This isn't just about athletics. It isn't recruiting violations. It isn't cream cheese on a bagel. It isn't extra practice time.

This is institutional fraud. It devalues the state degree attained by all UNC graduates, and is no different to me than a government employee fraudulently attaining benefits they shouldn't.

If UNC athletics lives to see a future, and doesn't get a death penalty will be a head scratcher to me. 18 years of academic fraud that had around 1,500 students involved in the fraud. This isn't allowing a star player impermissible benefits, this is a complete lack of institutional control.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        If UNC athletics lives to see a future, and doesn't get a death penalty will be a head scratcher to me.
        I'm investing artificial hair manufacturers, cause you gonna scratch all yo' hair off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I'm investing artificial hair manufacturers, cause you gonna scratch all yo' hair off.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            I agree. After what happened to SMU football, I think the NCAA learned a lesson. I'd be surprised if they ever nuked anyone again.

They could have nuked Miami over the Nevin Shapiro thing, but they did not. Just because they can nuke UNC over this doesn't mean that they will.

That being said, there should be some very harsh penalties handed out. Like no TV for 4 years, no tourneys for 4 years, Deputy Dawg (Roy Williimams) being forced to retire, significant scholly reductions and the like.

Comment

And make them forfeit their two annual games vs. Duke for the next four years, with an official score of 100-1. That'll send their fans into a tizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                And make them forfeit their two annual games vs. Duke for the next four years, with an official score of 100-1. That'll send their fans into a tizzy.
                If there is one thing UNC doesn't need any more of right now, it is made up official scores.

Zing.

Comment

IMO Penalties levied on UNC should exceed those received by Syracuse, which were:
                  1 Suspension of Boeheim for nine ACC games
                  2 Vacated 108 victories
                  3 Loss of 12 scholarships over 4 years
                  4 $500 per each game played by ineligible players
                  5 Return all NCAA funds received through revenue sharing of 2011, 2012 and 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament
                  6 Reduce off-campus recruiters from four to two for next two consecutive years
                  7 Placed on five year probation

But UNC is a blueblood basketball program so UNC-Ashville will be penalized in lieu of UNC Chapel Hill

Comment

They receive their NOA right before the holiday weekend. Lol.. The NCAA is a cold, dark business.

Comment

I'm hoping they at least get kicked out of the dance this year since they should be very strong. (I'm really hoping for much more).
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Also, when the punishments do come down, spare me the boohoo pity-party for the "student"-athletes in the program at the time. This has been in the media for a long time. They knew what they were signing up for.

Comment

Did Roy learn how to do these things while at Kansas?
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

They should be vacating National Championships...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              18 years of academic fraud that had around 1,500 students involved in the fraud. This isn't allowing a star player impermissible benefits, this is a complete lack of institutional control.
                              Actually the formal reports stated:

In all, the report estimates, at least 3,100 students took the paper classes, but adds the number "very likely falls far short of the true number."
                              Independent report finds that for 18 years, thousands of students at the University of North Carolina took fake "paper classes" to keep athletes eligible.

About half of those were athletes. Athletes made up about 4% of the student body. The classes were clearly structured primarily to benefit athletes and everyone on campus likely new about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X