Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Changes

DePaul might be getting better, Bobby Hurley in the mix: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...o-bulls-source

A realistic candidate at Alabama might be Murray State's Steve Prohm: http://bustingbrackets.com/2015/03/2...-rumors-facts/
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

I think Bama needs to offer Shaka or Ben Jacobsen. Both are going to need to rebuild. So why not do it for $3 mil and compete with UK and FU
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think a Jacobsen is a solid move for a team like Alabama. What they need is a great fundamental coach who can make them very consistent because he would be able to recruit better talent at Alabama. He might not get them a title but he could make them a competitor every season and wouldn't have to go through his 4 your swings like he does at UNI.

He also doesn't have quite as strong of a resume as HCGM or Shaka but you know what? Neither does Alabama! Money is the only thing they have going for them. Instead of going out and buying a flashy car with their money, they need to go out and buy a reliable one that can keep them in the top half of the standings and put them in a good spot to compete in the Dance.

I think Jacobsen is perfect for any middle of the road power 5 team. I really think his coaching ability is way up there but his school limits him.

Marshall needs to stay right where he is until Duke and North Carolina start trying to court him. I hope these other big schools will consider Jacobsen because it's a move that will pay off. On the other hand, as an MVC fan, I say keep your hands off.

Comment

Do you really think that Ben J will ever coach in the South?

That may be wishful thinking, but a mid-tier Big10 or PAC12 would seem more likely.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Do you really think that Ben J will ever coach in the South?

That may be wishful thinking, but a mid-tier Big10 or PAC12 would seem more likely.
          No I don't. I actually think he will stay at UNI. I was just speaking to what would be a great move for just about any middle of the pack team anywhere.

Comment

With Rick Barnes expected to not return to Texas next season, it's time to look at potential replacements for the only coach the Longhorns have had in 17 seasons.

texas top ten

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              they are delusional.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                they are delusional.
                When you have as much money as Texas does the idea that some of those coaches would be interested is not farfetched. I don't think the majority would be but it only takes one. If that list accurately represents their 10 top choices, I would think the odds would be better than even that they could hire one of them.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                  When you have as much money as Texas does the idea that some of those coaches would be interested is not farfetched. I don't think the majority would be but it only takes one. If that list accurately represents their 10 top choices, I would think the odds would be better than even that they could hire one of them.
                  Having the resources and a willingness to spend the resources are two separate issues. They are paying the winningest coach in Texas basketball history $2.55 million and the article/post expressed apprehension at spending $3 million for anyone on that list. All I am saying is that this proves the basketball is third fiddle to football and baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Having the resources and a willingness to spend the resources are two separate issues. They are paying the winningest coach in Texas basketball history $2.55 million and the article/post expressed apprehension at spending $3 million for anyone on that list. All I am saying is that this proves the basketball is third fiddle to football and baseball.
                    No question about it being behind football, spring football, and quite possibly baseball. But just like the new SEC network has pushed Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn, the Longhorn network puts pressure to shell out even more for all sports to feed the 24 hr content monster. I don't think that there is much question the new coach is going to substantially out earn Barnes.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                      No question about it being behind football, spring football, and quite possibly baseball. But just like the new SEC network has pushed Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn, the Longhorn network puts pressure to shell out even more for all sports to feed the 24 hr content monster. I don't think that there is much question the new coach is going to substantially out earn Barnes.
                      I think you are right.

Comment

Barnes and his staff going to Tennessee?

Comment

Wheres McDermott?
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Barnes and his staff going to Tennessee?
                            Guess so!

Tennessee has offered its vacant coaching job to former Texas coach Rick Barnes, and the two sides are closing in on a deal, two sources with knowledge told ESPN.

Comment

Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN

St. John's is bringing back former star Chris Mullin as head coach, sources told ESPN. Deal is done.

UPDATE:

Comment

Working...
                              X