No announcement yet.

KU's Cliff Alexander May Have Eligibility Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much here, but it sure sounds to me like the NCAA is just waiting to interview him until they have received "hard copy" of something they already know.

The attorney for Cliff Alexander said the Kansas freshman is waiting on the NCAA to interview him, and has otherwise complied with the investigation.

Comment

If there's been a UCC filing, it is a public record. If the NCAA is waiting to get their hands on it, well, as Don Meredith used to sing "...turn out the lights, the parties over, all good things come to an end..."

I'm betting there's a filing, the NCAA has requested a copy of it and is going through the 'waiting time' for the original document to be located, a copy produced and the copy sent to the NCAA.

What I'm wondering is whether a fax could be accepted as a copy of an official document or whether the document has to be reproduced then couriered or overnighted to the NCAA.

I'm also wondering if the NCAA has to stick to 'rules of evidence' (meaning custody and preservation rules must be followed) like a normal court, whether their hearings and interviews are more informal.

I'm thinking that the standard rules of evidence would apply here, because if they suspend Alexander and they haven't preserved the chain, his lawyer might be able to get any suspension stayed through a court order.

Any thoughts?

Comment

If we beat KU in the tourney, and they have their season vacated, did it really happen?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          If we beat KU in the tourney, and they have their season vacated, did it really happen?
          If we beat KU in the tourney, it will only happen because KU did not have Alexander and Ellis is not 100 percent, so say KU fans and Kansas Citians. Crossing my fingers we have this opportunity.

Comment

Wouldn't even matter if Perry Ellis played. He's proven that he's either unwilling or unable to step up to adversity.. A match up against his home town team in the NCAA tournament? Lol.He would pull the Perry Ellis disappearing act. And I'm not even trying to be a Perry Ellis hater, his difficulties stepping up to adversity is his one charactertic as a collegiate athlete that Bill Self won't even argue.

Comment

For not trying you are doing a great job of being a hater.

Nobody hates the flagshit more than I but that's a wildly unfair assessment of Perry's more than solid career so far.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                For not trying you are doing a great job of being a hater.

Nobody hates the flagshit more than I but that's a wildly unfair assessment of Perry's more than solid career so far.
                Perry Ellis is from Wichita, therefore we can't dish out the usual and well deserved flagshit hate.. But there is no disputing that he was expected to be a 1 and done at KU and that he has not lived up to those expectations. He better average a double double next season if he really wants to go to the NBA. That is not hate. That is fact.

Comment

I think Perry has underperformed a tad. I don't live in Wichita anymore, so I never saw him as a one-and-done. I did see him as being NBA-ready about now. I think he will be a fine NBA player, but it's obvious ha needs another year if he would have a chance at going in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                    Wouldn't even matter if Perry Ellis played. He's proven that he's either unwilling or unable to step up to adversity.. A match up against his home town team in the NCAA tournament? Lol.He would pull the Perry Ellis disappearing act. And I'm not even trying to be a Perry Ellis hater, his difficulties stepping up to adversity is his one charactertic as a collegiate athlete that Bill Self won't even argue.
                    By the way, an Independant observer might also say the same things about Ron Baker, who was conspicuously absent (in a stat sheet sense) in the second half of our game with IlSt during the valley tourney.

I disagree with that observation, but it could be made in the same vein as your comments about Ellis. Most of us don't watch K-who, so we wouldn't have known why Ellis 'dissapeared' in those games.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      By the way, an Independant observer might also say the same things about Ron Baker, who was conspicuously absent (in a stat sheet sense) in the second half of our game with IlSt during the valley tourney.

I disagree with that observation, but it could be made in the same vein as your comments about Ellis. Most of us don't watch K-who, so we wouldn't have known why Ellis 'dissapeared' in those games.
                      Well, we may just get to see what Perry Ellis does against WSU in the tournament after all.

Comment

810Whb just reported that Cliff is out for the NCAA tourney..
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

That's a shame.

Comment

Was there ever a doubt? Wasn't it not challenged that his mom took a loan out against his future earnings, which is 100% against NCAA regs, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Was there ever a doubt? Wasn't it not challenged that his mom took a loan out against his future earnings, which is 100% against NCAA regs, or am I missing something?
                              So does KU lose wins in the 28 games that he played in?
                              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                                So does KU lose wins in the 28 games that he played in?
                                Doesn't matter. They still have plenty of quality losses to be a 2 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X