Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU's Cliff Alexander May Have Eligibility Issues

Will not play vs Texas today.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12399264/cliff-alexander-kansas-jayhawks-sits-eligibility-question-ncaa

If he is declared ineligible will KU have to vacate wins and, is so, how does that impact their NCAA resume.

Of course, I realize this is not nearly as severe of an issue as the Shocker's apparel-gate.

Haha uh oh

Comment

It's going to wreck this season. It will not affect the NCAAs because it will not be finished by then. However he will no longer play and any wins and or monies earned from such a run would be vacated if he found to be in eligible.

Comment

This has legs folks- the only question is whether the NCAA will take so long to investigate it that the findings won't matter.

Comment

Is it just me or has Self's program been on the brink of dumpster fire status ever since their last final 4 run? Their fans are so angry about the Alexander situation that it's almost funny to watch. None of them know what it will snowball into and it happens right before the tournament kicks off. Lol.

Comment

Question: if this is really a thing, what actually happens? Do they really vacate wins or do they suspend their office janitor for the afternoon prior to the WVU game?

I guess if Cliff is ineligible, Tyler Self might not have as heavy of a homework load for the rest of the season :)

Comment

Only small schools vacate wins... just read the KU history thread to what will NOT happen to KU...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                Is it just me or has Self's program been on the brink of dumpster fire status ever since their last final 4 run? Their fans are so angry about the Alexander situation that it's almost funny to watch. None of them know what it will snowball into and it happens right before the tournament kicks off. Lol.
                It's just you. Hard to argue with 2 top-5 draft picks produced last year and yet another big 12 title.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Kevin Keitzman and Jack Harry were talking on 810 today and they were saying that Self hadn't done anything in the Tournament for a long while. They went on to agree that WSU would probably beat them more times than not even at Allen Field House (this year). We are much better than both Texas and West Virginia according to them. It was interesting to hear some of the KC personalities going after Self and putting the Shockers on a pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Kevin Keitzman and Jack Harry were talking on 810 today and they were saying that Self hadn't done anything in the Tournament for a long while. They went on to agree that WSU would probably beat them more times than not even at Allen Field House (this year). We are much better than both Texas and West Virginia according to them. It was interesting to hear some of the KC personalities going after Self and putting the Shockers on a pedestal.

KU really hasn't done squat in the tournament in awhile.. If you leave out that Final 4 run in 2012 that was a complete fluke, they have 1 Sweet 16 appearance? Beyond the 2012 fluke,they've recruited some one and dones that haven't helped their team at all and won the big 12 over and over. But seriously, if those Big 12 teams bow down to the mighty like that year in and year out,that's soft and they should be embarrassed.

Comment

Report: Mother of Kansas forward has ties to firm specializing in ‘loans to potential high draft picks’
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If the mother and/or father took some cash by NCAA rules Cliff Alexander was ineligible since August 2014. Every game he played in should be vacated and Self will take one on the nose. We know how fairly the NCAA deals in these things, especially at Kansas. See Ben McLemore

Comment

I bet the Boeheim news has him shaking a little in his boots :)

Comment

The AP Big XII Coach of the Year is untouchable.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by UKbball View Post
                              If the mother and/or father took some cash by NCAA rules Cliff Alexander was ineligible since August 2014. Every game he played in should be vacated and Self will take one on the nose. We know how fairly the NCAA deals in these things, especially at Kansas. See Ben McLemore
                              Oh yeah, I forgot all about McLemore. NCAA was supposed to start investigating KU and then I never heard about it again...
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X