Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His bail was $750K I believe, so assuming a 10% non-refundable bail bond of $75K one would assume that at least a segment of CU boosters and alums were more than happy to lend a helping hand to an individual being accused of a crime quite heinous.

Really quite representative of many peoples' narrative on the rules-don't-apply-to-me character of a certain portion of the CU community. They must be so proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      His bail was $750K I believe, so assuming a 10% non-refundable bail bond of $75K one would assume that at least a segment of CU boosters and alums were more than happy to lend a helping hand to an individual being accused of a crime quite heinous.

Really quite representative of many peoples' narrative on the rules-don't-apply-to-me character of a certain portion of the CU community. They must be so proud.
      ....I was waiting for the "and will be in the starting lineup next week" part of your post.

Comment

• http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/former-creighton-star-maurice-watson-leaves-jail-after-posting/article_8e3b41f2-0064-11e7-927f-c3246db98fbc.html

Former Creighton star Maurice Watson leaves jail after posting $75,000

Former Creighton University basketball star Maurice Watson Jr. posted the required $75,000 to get out of jail Friday.

Watson left the Douglas County Jail on crutches about 5 p.m. He declined to comment before getting into a car and being driven away.

Watson, 23, is charged with first-degree sexual assault. He is accused of raping a 19-year-old Creighton student at a party early Feb. 4. His attorney and parents have said he denies the allegations.

A judge on Monday set Watson’s bail at $750,000. Someone had to post 10 percent, or $75,000, for him to be released from jail.

The bail was posted about 4 p.m., a jail official said.

Watson’s attorneys had asked the judge to allow Watson to return to Philadelphia, his hometown, to live with his parents and continue rehabilitation on his injured knee. The judge has yet to authorize the request.

The woman who accused Watson of assaulting her filed a protection order against him on Thursday. A judge granted the request.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• You knew Dougie would be on the list.

You might be surprised at who's worse at SF.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697532-nba-metrics-101-the-worst-5-defenders-at-every-position
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            You knew Dougie would be on the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...every-position
            What's interesting is that Nick Wiggins also struggled at defense when he arrived at WSU, but HC3GM whipped him into shape by the end of his career. If Andrew had come here, I bet he would have been a MUCH better defender at the NBA level (even with only a single year under HC3GM's tutelage). I guess your choice of college does matter regarding development.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              You knew Dougie would be on the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...every-position
              NBA players are incredible at scoring the basketball. That should go without saying, but it often gets brushed under the rug...

Comment

• Anthony Tolliver made the list too. I guess we see why WSU just can't compare with Creighton. WSU can't even get one guy on this list, let alone the two Creighton got. Color me jealous.

Comment

• This thread is relevant

Comment

• RI slowed them down and CU didn't know how to respond. Nice loss BJs.

Comment

• Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They need some more Valley players. I hear those guys can win games int the tournament.

Comment

• I may have to go to church soon because I read the post mortem on the bj loss to RI and found myself actually enjoying their misery. I fear I may have fallen from grace to have that much fun seeing them wallow in their own dysfunction

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            They need some more Valley players. I hear those guys can win games int the tournament.
                            It's so funny perusing their message boards after losses. They keep blaming their shortcomings on "Valley players", as Marcus Foster throws up 4-19 stat lines.

They weren't complaining about "Valley players" leading them to their only NCAA Tourney win in the BIG EAST since they've joined.

They deserve the misery and I LUB IT.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That thread is some funny crap. Especially the first 7 or so pages.

Comment

• They need to figure how to recruit at the "elite" level in which they play. Notice I said play not belong. Anyway its been three recruiting cycles and they still have valley players. That just tells me they weren't able to fill out their roster through recruiting with "elite" talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X