Jamari Traylor arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    So is Traylor not in trouble then? I am getting the vibe from my KU fan friends (and some here) that he didn't actually fight a police officer and it will blow over. It's weird because the news says that he got into an altercation with an officer and went to jail. That sounds really bad and irresponsible to me, but should I assume he was actually innocent and this whole thing was a misunderstanding or all the football players fault? I'm not going to stick up for him if he resisted a police officer. This kind of thing has to stop, no matter how special and famous you are.
    I believe "interfering with duties of an officer" is a pretty minor charge, completely different from what he would receive if he fought an officer. The two most common rumors are that he was trying to make a case for why his buddy shouldn't be arrested and wouldn't shut up when the police told him enough is enough, or that he initially refused to provide his ID when requested by an officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman View Post
      Nothing good happens after midnight. Especially for college athletes.
      Explains the loss. Happened after midnight CST.

Comment

So is Traylor not in trouble then? I am getting the vibe from my KU fan friends (and some here) that he didn't actually fight a police officer and it will blow over. It's weird because the news says that he got into an altercation with an officer and went to jail. That sounds really bad and irresponsible to me, but should I assume he was actually innocent and this whole thing was a misunderstanding or all the football players fault? I'm not going to stick up for him if he resisted a police officer. This kind of thing has to stop, no matter how special and famous you are.
        He just didnt provide his ID to an officer. Super minor charge that will likely be dropped in all honesty.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          He just didnt provide his ID to an officer. Super minor charge that will likely be dropped in all honesty.
          I wonder why he didn't want to do that? :)

Comment

I wonder why he didn't want to do that? :)
            I don't know. He's definitely 21. It's not as if the LPD didn't know who he was.

Maybe he was embarrassed about his terrible play against Florida and didn't want to get identified? lol

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              I don't know. He's definitely 21. It's not as if the LPD didn't know who he was.

Maybe he was embarrassed about his terrible play against Florida and didn't want to get identified? lol
              I can agree with that. I watched that game with some KU fans and they were really mad at him all game long. He was really bad. Not just on his stat line either. He looked like he was trying about half as hard as everyone else, jogging everywhere and basically just getting in the way. If they would have lost, I'm sure many would have hung it on him.

Comment

I can agree with that. I watched that game with some KU fans and they were really mad at him all game long. He was really bad. Not just on his stat line either. He looked like he was trying about half as hard as everyone else, jogging everywhere and basically just getting in the way. If they would have lost, I'm sure many would have hung it on him.
                “Officers observed one individual on the ground motionless, get kicked in the head by another individual,” McKinley said in a release that did not name those arrested at the scene. “Officers handcuffed that suspect and placed him in a patrol car as other officers tended to the injured subject on the ground.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article4360876.html#storylink=cpy

My buddy is the one who got referred to as being kicked while he was down.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
                  Ditto. Especially if you know that Traylor was homeless for parts of high school. Had to sleep in his car.
                  Two separate issues.
                  On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Nice to see their football team has some fight in them. Thats breaking news right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman View Post
                      Nothing good happens after midnight. Especially for college athletes.
                      Wisdom right here. I'll testify!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In college, if its after midnight and you aren't sleeping or studying, you're probably drinking and/or fighting and/or screwing.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm confused. The 160 pound nerd-looking kid from K-State is going to get into more trouble for running into Jamari Traylor than Jamari Traylor got into for getting into an altercation with the police?

I just want to make sure I've got my facts straight here. Did Elijah Johnson get into any trouble when he punched a guy in the nuts on camera?

What am I missing here? I am anxiously awaiting the discipline that will be dished out on ALL NCAA power forwards for any illegal screens or any bodying up they do because I'm pretty sure more contact is involved there than from this cute little white kid...

Comment

I'm confused. The 160 pound nerd-looking kid from K-State is going to get into more trouble for running into Jamari Traylor than Jamari Traylor got into for getting into an altercation with the police?

I just want to make sure I've got my facts straight here. Did Elijah Johnson get into any trouble when he punched a guy in the nuts on camera?

What am I missing here? I am anxiously awaiting the discipline that will be dished out on ALL NCAA power forwards for any illegal screens or any bodying up they do because I'm pretty sure more contact is involved there than from this cute little white kid...
                            You don't really mean to imply that two post players pushing for position within the currently acceptable rules of the game is in any way similar to a non-participant running onto the court and colliding with a player from the blindside, do you? Please tell me your tongue is implanted in your cheek, or at least someone's cheek.

Honestly, what difference does the weight, color or stereotyping of the kid have to do with it?
                            Last edited by RoyalShock; February 25, 2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              You don't really mean to imply that two post players pushing for position within the currently acceptable rules of the game is in any way similar to a non-participant running onto the court and colliding with a player from the blindside, do you? Please tell me your tongue is implanted in your cheek, or at least someone's cheek.

Honestly, what difference does the weight, color or stereotyping of the kid have to do with it?
                              You are right. Jamari Traylor is a victim here. He was a victim sort of how I would be a victim if a 10 year old girl ran into me as hard as she could. :)

Obviously, I'm joking around because I really just wanted to bump the thread, but forgive me if I don't feel THAT bad. No it's not comparable to the in-game stuff that goes on, but only in "intent." The hip check that Traylor got was nothing like what he gets in each game. The only reason this is a problem is because it was on purpose, and yes, that's pretty dumb. I think the size difference in the two guys does matter a little bit. It just makes it funny to me. It's not like it was Clay Matthews. Maybe I should watch the video again. Maybe it was worse than I thought upon my first impression.

Comment

Fair enough, and yes, I get the humor in it. I just don't think it matters whether it was a 10-year old girl or Andre the Giant. If we're going to judge right and wrong, or in this case if it was an assault or not (yes, I know it wasn't like he got run over, but that's not the point) by those factors, we're in trouble as a society.

Comment

Working...
                                X