No announcement yet.

Jack Taylor scores Over 100...AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shockers wouldn't even need to play them. Just have the Newman Jets play them.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      This thing makes absolute sense, in Iowa. Iowa is a great and interesting state. When I was in agrimarketing, I loved traveling the Iowa byways, more so than Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota or the Dakotas. Much of rural Iowa is surprisingly beautiful and the people are mostly friendly, engaging, welcoming and funny.

There is the other aide of Iowa, though, the sideshow side. Iowan's live gimickry. The pink locker rooms in Iowa City are a really subtle example. The tree houses near Marshalltown are an example as well. Iowa is the home of several travelling midways. The bigger the gimmick, the better. Most of the carnivals have been sold and moved to different states, but I think two or three of those companies still exist in Iowa. Much of the former carnival businesses have been absorbed by giants outside of Iowa such as Murphy Brothers.

That said, Iowa has a very gimmicky, carnival side to it. In fact, a few decades ago, a guy in Des Moines wanted to build the tallest building in the world in the heart of Des Moines. With that side of Iowa, it is no surprise that a school would strive to hold gimmicky, made up records. They wouldn't understand the shame in doing this against outclassed opponents. The same holds for the people that don't understand that there is no insult intended, just a gimmick.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

And the next game: http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...ke-this-112113

Comment

almost a 1.4 BILLION endowment and a 95 out of 99 admission ranking. I'm guessing the basketball "gimmick" is not needed and just a coach having fun.
          Last edited by mattdalt; November 21, 2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X