No announcement yet.

Grant Gibbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They must be in bed with the NCAA. It makes no sense whatsoever.

They're a year away from being a Big East doormat. Enjoy next year while you can BJ fans.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      And Dougie is going to be a walk-on this year.
      I saw that too. On twitter, it appeared there was some concern about whether or not his parents could pay for his tuition. Does anyone know the rule on that? Is it viewed as a head coach paying for a players tuition or can they pay?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        I saw that too. On twitter, it appeared there was some concern about whether or not his parents could pay for his tuition. Does anyone know the rule on that? Is it viewed as a head coach paying for a players tuition or can they pay?
        It's his son. Of course he can pay.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Even if that were the case all he would have to do is get a student loan and then his parents can pay it off for him or he can pay it off once he gets his first professional basketball contract.

Comment

As much as I want it to be shady, it's just not. It's just really annoying and a very convenient situation. Any other school and I would think "how nice for them"

Usually it's not an all American getting to walk on because his dad is coach, allowing the team to stack the roster.

On the other hand, isn't it funny how Doug is the reason for his dads success and in turn, his dad can afford to pay for his tuition and benefit from a extra scholarship using the high paying job who his son keeps secure. Can we just have CU write a check to Doug an skip the middle man?

Nothing wrong with it. It's just funny.

Comment

Daddy hasn't been there long enough for Dougie to qualify for discounted tuition so they have to pay the full $30k-$40k. But it won't be a dent in their wallet, since getting Gibbs back will probably make Dougie's season look better than it would have without Gibbs. Getting drafted a few spots higher will more than make up for the year of tuition.

Comment

I hope they do well and we meet them in the tourney and beat them like a drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                  I hope they do well and we meet them in the tourney and beat them like a drum.
                  For that to happen it'd have to be in the first round. Definitely first weekend.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    For that to happen it'd have to be in the first round. Definitely first weekend.
                    A second round would be a fluke.

Comment

I think most Creighton fans already have their tropical cruises scheduled for the second weekend.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        I think most Creighton fans already have their tropical cruises scheduled for the second weekend.
                        LMAO!

Classic.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You got that right, Sub. Eamonn Brennan of ESPN, in commenting on what a great break it was for Creighton -- and it was; they'd have been in deep doo doo without Gibbs next year -- wrote that "It's central to the Bluejays' chances of making one last deep tournament push." I think he slipped and meant "central to giving the Bluejays one last chance to make a deep tournament push." Because, as we all know, their next deep tournament push will be their first.

Really, how often does an all-offense team ever go deep? Loyola Marymount did, 20+years ago, with their novelty offense -- they were so good at it that they played for a spot in Final Four WITHOUT their best player, the late Hank Gathers. But how many others do it? And Creighton is certainly no LMU, even with the nation's best walk-on.

Comment

Comment

What was the context of the Gibbs-Harden picture? I wasn't able to watch the game...and quite frankly wasn't willing to watch it. Other than knowing that Creighton played Arizona State (Harden's school), I am finding the comparison a bit odd.
                              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                What was the context of the Gibbs-Harden picture? Other than knowing that Creighton played Arizona State (Harden's school), I am finding the comparison a bit odd.
                                Look at birthdates.

Comment

Working...
                                X