Grant Gibbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Gibbs

At least we don't have to contend with this if it happens. Not in conference play anyway. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...t-another-year

Give the ***** another year, who cares anyway? We'll torch his ass if they're interested in toughening up their non-con, something they'll desperately need with a middling finish in a middling conference.

Comment

So I wonder which happened first: 1) SoW staying at sCUm for another year, so Gibbs/CU thought this would be worth shooting for or 2) Gibbs/CU has been looking into this for some time and feel good about it, so SoW feels he'll have his personal PG and is decided to stay.

Comment

thats a crock of Sh!t
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Why not? He only played 3 years and sat his first one due to a shoulder injury. Let him play.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't know who this cretin team or grant gibbs is you people are talking about. Is this something I should care about?

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
              thats a crock of Sh!t
              You do realize it's the same rule that allowed Carl Hall an extra year to play with us this season, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                You do realize it's the same rule that allowed Carl Hall an extra year to play with us this season, right?
                But the circumstances are completely different.

Hall played 3 games at a JuCo level school was shut down because of a heart condition, sat out 2 years (Not on a basketball roster) for that same heart condition, Returned to a JuCo played 1 year, transferred to WSU and played 2 years.

Gibbs,
                He spent two seasons at Gonzaga before transferring to Creighton, but the first year at Gonzaga, a redshirt year, coincided with an injury that would have kept him off the floor anyway.
                Red Shirted at Gonzaga, now wants to say it was because of an injury, played 1 year at Gonzaga, Sat out his 1 transfer year (wants to claim injury during that one year also) played 2 years. I think he would have a better case if he would have stayed at Gonzaga.
                Last edited by jdmee; April 30, 2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  But the circumstances are completely different.

Hall played 3 games at a JuCo level school was shut down because of a heart condition, sat out 2 years (Not on a basketball roster) for that same heart condition, Returned to a JuCo played 1 year, transferred to WSU and played 2 years.

Gibbs,

Red Shirted at Gonzaga, now wants to say it was because of an injury, played 1 year at Gonzaga, Sat out his 1 transfer year (wants to claim injury during that one year also) played 2 years. I think he would have a better case if he would have stayed at Gonzaga.
                  small tyme didn't clarify whether his outrage was due to the rule or circumstances. I figured my reply to him would prompt a clarification. As to the circumstances, that's why the NCAA gets to consider it. I would hope if they discover his Gonzaga redshirt decision was made prior to the injury, they will deny the extra year. But it's the NCAA, so who knows.

Comment

Yes I do ... its still a crock. Love CH, but the rule is a joke. If you are already redshirting AND THEN get hurt or have a medical condition ... you should not get another year of eligibility.

Comment

small tyme didn't clarify whether his outrage was due to the rule or circumstances. I figured my reply to him would prompt a clarification. As to the circumstances, that's why the NCAA gets to consider it. I would hope if they discover his Gonzaga redshirt decision was made prior to the injury, they will deny the extra year. But it's the NCAA, so who knows.
                      LOL just assume Royal, I know what Im talking about ... to my knowledge I've never been wrong (g)

Comment

He's not going to get it.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

There is an argument to be made for those getting a season ending injury AFTER declaring a redshirt: Just because someone is a redshirt doesn't mean the coach can't call on him at any moment and put him in the game. If you get injured after deciding to redshirt, that option isn't available.

Comment

A similar request is to waive the five-year period of eligibility and extend a sixth year. This requires two out of five years of circumstances beyond the control of the student-athlete. An incapacitating medical circumstance would be one example of a qualifying condition. A voluntary redshirt year would not.
                            Gibbs should not get the extension even if the first was a medical red-shirt. The transfer year would be within his control.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              http://www.collegeathletictrainer.or....php?article=2

Gibbs should not get the extension even if the first was a medical red-shirt. The transfer year would be within his control.
                              From where I stand, it's the transfer rule itself that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X