X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubby Smith -- Fired

Per Twitter

Tubby Smith fired?

This is NOT meant to be a thread about Marshall to Minnesota. But this shocks me some. Anyone see that coming?

No speculations whatsoever.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

WTF?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I just posted in other sports.

makes NO sense to me.

Comment

No, but combined with UCLA's firing of a coach that has taken UCLA to at least 3 final fours and a regular season PAC-12 championship this year, I think these two firings would give any coach in comfortable, well paid, well supported job now, significant pause about considering either job...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            I just posted in other sports.

makes NO sense to me.
            My bad. Yeah wasn't sure if I should post here, but did since it was basketball related. Just afraid it will turn into a speculation thread or something stupid. Hopefully it won't.

That makes 2 good coaches looking for jobs IMHO. Someone will surely pick up Howland or Smith won't they? I think they can be successful somewhere, kind of like Alford at New Mexico and hell even McDermott at Creighton.

Hell Howland and Smith WERE successful where they were. Those schools must just expect WAY too much...especially UCLA.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

he should go to UCLA!

Tubby is a good coach part of why he went to Minn was they wouldn't have insane standards like Kentucky
              "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Maybe Tubby will go to UMKC.......................;)

Comment

Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
                  he should go to UCLA!
                  LOL after being fired at Kentucky and now Minnesota...I bet he won't even answer calls from UCLA. Too many lofty expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Maybe Tubby will go to UMKC.......................;)
                    Honestly I bet he could turn around a "mid-major". UMKC would be a surprise, but some good mid-major may have a chance if he chooses to keep coaching.

Comment

Are schools going to start firing in an effort to reduce salaries?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I bet someday he ends up back in Tulsa....and he may even be back in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          Honestly I bet he could turn around a "mid-major". UMKC would be a surprise, but some good mid-major may have a chance if he chooses to keep coaching.
                          UMKC announced their new coach today. Assistant from Louisville...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Are schools going to start firing in an effort to reduce salaries?
                            YA KNOW.........at some point this will probably happen

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I bet someday he ends up back in Tulsa....and he may even be back in the Valley.
                              Actually not a bad bet.

Comment

Working...
                              X