Tubby Smith -- Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    UMKC announced their new coach today. Assistant from Louisville...
    He played and I think was an assistant coach at Drake. I'm kind of surprised they didn't go after him. He's pretty young though.

Comment

Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
      he should go to UCLA!

Tubby is a good coach part of why he went to Minn was they wouldn't have insane standards like Kentucky
      It would be ironic to beat the same team in this year's tourny that you get hired to coach next year.

(South region...Minnesota-83, UCLA-63)

Comment

Isn't Minnesota one of the schools UNI fans are afraid would be desirable to Jacobsen?

Comment

The thing about UCLA though is alot of (to quote HCGM) "strange things" have been happening.

Couple with the fact that Muhammad (whose already declared for the draft) age scandal UCLA might be in a pretty bad spot for a little bit.

Comment

Speculation on my part . . . Tubby to Drake. Does he have a son who is a coach?

Comment

Interesting comments about the Minnesota job:

Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 42m
              Now, some folks will tell you that I'm just a hater. I covered first four years of Tubby Era. Everything I'm saying is legit. Prove me wrong

Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 44m
              That's the truth. Gophers need to invest a lot of money to right the ship. I'm gone. Feel free to disagree.

Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 45m
              I've covered multiple pregame MN press events solo. Not one TV camera. Not one other reporter. Just me. Why? Folks don't care that much.

Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 45m
              You can get lost in Minneapolis. When the Gophers are good, everyone cares. When they're not, they go away. That's just how it is.

Lmao o damn I wrote Gun instead of Gum horrible Typo
              Expand
              Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 46m
              Fans will tell you that they love Gophers basketball. The diehards? Yes. Casual fans just pick the hottest of the four pro teams/college FB.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The moment things started to unravel for Ben Howland at UCLA

Very interesting article...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

MN fans are saying a verbal acceptance by an unknown coach has been agreed upon, they're just waiting for an official announcement by the university to be scheduled. That was fast. Perhaps Shaka doesn't like what happened to the A-10 and since he has Wisconsin ties, he's heading to MN? But take it for what's it worth, this is from MN fans and no more.

Comment

There's no way Drake or the Valley would be lucky enough to land Tubby is there? He's a quality guy and a good coach. Or Drake could go after the FGCU coach. Would love for someone to bring in a coach that wants to actually score points and not just grab and hold and milk the shot clock for 40 minutes...
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is Bruce Pearl out of the penalty box yet?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Is Bruce Pearl out of the penalty box yet?
                        I don't think it's been three years but time is flying for me.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Ben Howland would be much better suited for Minnesota than UCLA.

I have a feeling Tubby will get a better job than Minnesota.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Shaka staying put!

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post
                              Isn't Minnesota one of the schools UNI fans are afraid would be desirable to Jacobsen?
                              Jacobson can't recruit. He is staying put
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Jacobson can't recruit. He is staying put
                                I bet recruiting those Scandinavian boys "up der in doze parts, eh" gets a lot easier by waving a Big 10 flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X