No announcement yet.

Coaches on the Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The C7 already has their lower tier teams but I get what you're saying. If we were in the MWC it would be more difficult to finish first but you're also allowed more room to lose a few and it not being devastating. I'm confident that our program would handle change just fine
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Programs like Georgia, Auburn, Northwestern, Texas Tech, et. al, are prime examples why some of these schools involved in the conference shuffles should be careful what they ask for. These hypothetical leagues I see mentioned here and elsewhere that would be "basketball powers", including the proposed new Catholic/private league are going to end up with lower-tier teams, some of them perennial bottom-dwellers. Yes, they'll get their fair share of bids but roughly half the teams are going to lose half or more of their league games and be left out.

In five years, should they bolt, Creighton could be fighting for an NIT bid, at best. And I'd be lying if I wasn't somewhat worried about that happening to us if WSU were somehow to land a spot in the MWC.
      Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      The C7 already has their lower tier teams but I get what you're saying. If we were in the MWC it would be more difficult to finish first but you're also allowed more room to lose a few and it not being devastating. I'm confident that our program would handle change just fine
      I believe WSU would be considered one of the top 4 teams among the MWC. I fully understand Royal's points and I agree with Sub regarding the difficulty in finishing 1st, but having more teams get in the Dance.

I ask this: How many times have we finished 1st in the last 10 years, how many times have we won the Valley tournament, and how many times have we Danced? Also much $s has the Valley picked up in Dance play and basketball TV? I can't help but think that the advantage of being in the MWC would be a recruiting bonus over the Valley. The ability to hold on to a Gregg Marshall would also improve.

Yes, if CU leaves the Valley, we could become a big fish in a little pond. However, any further drop in the Valley's stature, both recruiting and having coashes like Marshall will be much harder to come by. What happens then?

Comment

I would have to say the MSU's Paul Lusk should be dropped from the hot seat list with the way he has his young and undersized group of kids are playing since Valley play started. Much better than the senior lead team that quit on him last year.

Comment

Working...
        X