Clear All

• Coaches on the Hot Seat

No need for research to start this annual thread. Here are first three:

Ben Howland at UCLA

Texas A&M's Billy Kennedy

And from the Valley, Paul Lusk
    In the fast lane

Jeff Bzdelik - Wake Forest
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

They shouldn't fire Paul lusk. Just make him an assistant coach.

Cuonzo will probably be needing his old job back pretty soon anyway and they can pull a weber-lowery.

Maybe the bears could hire weems and ahearn to be the new coaches. Those guys are more responsible for any bear wins as any coach ever was :) hehe

Comment

This link published in early November adds:

Northwestern's Bill Carmody

Andy Kennedy at Mississppi

Herb Sendez of Arizona State

Oklahoma State's Travis Ford.

I haven't checked on Oklahoma State's fan reaction since the Cowboys' fast start. My guess is Ford's seat is cooling off.

In the fast lane

Comment

I would not be happy if I were a Texas fan.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I would not be happy if I were a Texas fan.
            Texas will be fine. Playing all freshmen and sophmores, beat North Carolina earlier this week, was in the game at Michigan St most of the game, all while playing without their pre-season sophmore All-Big XII PG until sometime in February. They will be a load next year in the KC tourney.

Comment

Mark Fox at Georgia. Looking like 3 losing seasons in 4 years.
              Jay Wright at Villenova. 12 loses 2 years ago, 19 last year and some bad losses this year. C7 may keep him safe for now.
              Kevin O'Neil @ USC but probably no one cares.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

O'Neil is out at USC according to ESPN.

Comment

Not looking good for Kansas' own Mark Fox. Longing for those days at Nevada.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Not looking good for Kansas' own Mark Fox. Longing for those days at Nevada.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...a4&eref=fromSI
                    At Nevada they were patient. SEC schools have a tendency to not have any of that.

Comment

And to think, Fox was my top choice to replace Turgeon.

Comment

I think most people would be more successful here than at Georgia.

This is just another piece of evidence that going to a "power conference" doesn't equate to more success. Was Nevada really that bad?
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm sure Fox got paid well to leave Nevada. I would have thought he would have done better in the SEC, but has Georgia ever been good?

His Nevada teams were salty, Georgia fans should give him time.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            I'm sure Fox got paid well to leave Nevada. I would have thought he would have done better in the SEC, but has Georgia ever been good?

His Nevada teams were salty, Georgia fans should give him time.
                            Georgia beat the Shocks in the 1st round of the NCAAs back in '85, so if by "good" you mean good enough to beat the Shocks, then 28 years ago they were pretty decent.

Comment

Programs like Georgia, Auburn, Northwestern, Texas Tech, et. al, are prime examples why some of these schools involved in the conference shuffles should be careful what they ask for. These hypothetical leagues I see mentioned here and elsewhere that would be "basketball powers", including the proposed new Catholic/private league are going to end up with lower-tier teams, some of them perennial bottom-dwellers. Yes, they'll get their fair share of bids but roughly half the teams are going to lose half or more of their league games and be left out.

In five years, should they bolt, Creighton could be fighting for an NIT bid, at best. And I'd be lying if I wasn't somewhat worried about that happening to us if WSU were somehow to land a spot in the MWC.

Comment

Working...
                              X