Britney Griner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Griner pleading guilty was probably a required prelude that will lead to a prisoner exchange. Hopefully, it won't be limited to just Griner.
    She had a Russian lawyer that spoke for her. Do you think she actually didn't realize or forgot that she packed those illegal CBD oils and pipes in her bags when packed up, or that she could get them by the authorities?

Comment

I stopped by this thread long enough to say I don’t care.

Comment

I wonder if she will appreciate the country that grants her so many fights and freedoms a little more now.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I don't like her politics and I am not a fan. She's also a spousal abuser...hopefully she's past that.

I think the State Department should do everything (reasonably) possible, including swapping prisoners, to get her back to the United States.
          Why? she broke the country drug laws (and most other countries drug laws). To bad, so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            is she a political prisoner ?
            No. She is a prisoner because she broke the law.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Why? she broke the country drug laws (and most other countries drug laws). To bad, so sad.
              Let her serve her sentence. Maybe, just maybe she will appreciate the rights and privileges our constitution provides after she gets back to the USA. I don’t feel any sympathy for her. Do the crime and do the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Because she’s American. We might not like her or her political views, but she is still American and E Plutibus Unum. Americans are a family. We can scratch at each other but have mercy on those from the outside who attack one of us. Oh…. And F Russia!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Because she’s American. We might not like her or her political views, but she is still American and E Plutibus Unum. Americans are a family. We can scratch at each other but have mercy on those from the outside who attack one of us. Oh…. And F Russia!
                  That isn't the way it works. If this were merely a political arrest, yes we should work to get her out. It wasn't political, it was a drug offense. If we aren't willing to demand all Americans jailed be free, she should get no special treatment.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

That isn't the way it works. If this were merely a political arrest, yes we should work to get her out. It wasn't political, it was a drug offense. If we aren't willing to demand all Americans jailed be free, she should get no special treatment.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...tion-free-trip
                    And I don't hear them talking about freeing all the Marijuana offenders here state side. Trying to buy votes again. They will probably try to trade off a known Russian terrorist for her.

Comment

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...tion-free-trip
                      Some of us do.

Any while she was arrested for drugs, this is absolutely political.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Some of us do.

Any while she was arrested for drugs, this is absolutely political.
                        Are you willing to go all out for all Americans incarcerated around the globe? Every one? Are you willing to release all foriegn prisoners incarcerated in the US and return them to their home country, no questions asked?

I've done plenty of international travel in my past, and yes, I was warned about exactly what she did. I was also reminded that I was subject to all laws and all consequences of breaking those laws.

Quite frankly, I don't even know who she is and I don't know her politics. I do know that traveling abroad has risks. This is one of the risks.

Comment

The US has a long history of assisting Americans who are being held for political reasons.

I'd also have little objection to freeing and deporting non-violent foreigners in our prisons.

I might make exceptions for some violent offenders if their country of origin was willing to take them.

And if there are Americans around the globe being charged/held because of political differences then yes, the US government should do anything and everything the can to bring them home. It's one of the few legit uses the government is meant to have.

I disagree with Griner politically. But I'm not so set in my political ways to just cast her aside like some are. If she weren't a famous American that would generate the news and headlines that she has, I have little doubt that the Russian government would be so hell bent on doing what they're doing.

I also believe that we should absolutely release all non-violent drug offenders in the United States.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The US has a long history of assisting Americans who are being held for political reasons.

I'd also have little objection to freeing and deporting non-violent foreigners in our prisons.

I might make exceptions for some violent offenders if their country of origin was willing to take them.

And if there are Americans around the globe being charged/held because of political differences then yes, the US government should do anything and everything the can to bring them home. It's one of the few legit uses the government is meant to have.

I disagree with Griner politically. But I'm not so set in my political ways to just cast her aside like some are. If she weren't a famous American that would generate the news and headlines that she has, I have little doubt that the Russian government would be so hell bent on doing what they're doing.

I also believe that we should absolutely release all non-violent drug offenders in the United States.
                            So you don't think there should be consequenses for Americans breaking laws in foreign countries? And the US shouldn't charge foreigners for breaking laws here? Got it.

Comment

So you don't think there should be consequenses for Americans breaking laws in foreign countries? And the US shouldn't charge foreigners for breaking laws here? Got it.
                              I really expect more from a reading comprehension standpoint from you. Do you also post as Shockm?
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I really expect more from a reading comprehension standpoint from you. Do you also post as Shockm?
                                Your not innocent from throwing out barbs.

You brought me into this when I was agreeing with you above when you said that this was about her being stupid (stupid is my word and not yours, for breaking laws in a country and opening herself up to being arrested) and political. Most American's that are arrested in foreign countries are held for political reasons and giving the U.S. government/people the middle finger. However, MVJ's question was totally fair. You seem to me (and MVJ too evidently) as very liberal, and then you say you aren't. Ok, Say what your total opinion is. I'm not sure you said what MVJ thought you said, but I'm not sure what you were saying either.

Give us your opinion in your own words.

By the way, I agree with you that our government is fine helping her out, even though I don't buy it that she didn't mean to have illegal drug paraphernalia in her luggage. She opened herself up, but she also can be helped by our government. However, Russia holds quite a few American's prisoner that they say broke laws, and she might not be the highest priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X