No announcement yet.

Wichita Hosts NCAA Elite 8 & Sweet 16 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing but GA in the lower bowl on the secondary market. How is that being controlled? Interesting.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
      Nothing but GA in the lower bowl on the secondary market. How is that being controlled? Interesting.
      I think all tickets in the lower bowl are GA within a specific section. This makes me think event holders allocated a huge block of tickets to each team for their fans, and with the exception of SD, probably way too many. Will those ever be released back to the public? I guess the other possibility is there was a corporate sales drive that I missed?

Comment

Each team is only responsible for 200 tickets.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Interesting WBJ podcast re Wichita hosting and preparation

Comment

Anybody go today? Lower bowl looked full...upper pretty empty. They even had the curtains pulled on one end.

Comment

Lower bowl basically sold out. Probably another 500 or so in upper bowl.

Too bad South Dakota didn’t win. Would have been fun to have their fans around for a couple more days.

Comment

I don't know what attendance has been like elsewhere, but to me this has been good and even the commentary team brought it up. This is all with no teams that I would classify as nearby being involved. I don't think any school was under a 12 hour drive. Still had pretty good representation from traveling fans and the locals seem to have done well too.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

There were some videos on Twitter of the crowd during the Michigan vs South Dakota game. Here's one (the crowd pan is around 20 seconds in) - https://twitter.com/jakepolk15/statu...87058613850113

Looks like a large contingent of South Dakota fans, so it'll be interesting to see what the crowd size will be Monday night without them.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

We were renamed South South Dakota.

Comment

Looks like the official number came in around 8,500. Which I guess is pretty good for women's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                        Looks like the official number came in around 8,500. Which I guess is pretty good for women's basketball.
                        Second best attendance of the four regional sites and less than 300 behind Greensboro.

And Greensboro had both North Carolina and South Carolina in their regional. South Dakota was our closest team.

Wichita was also the best attended site in the past 6 years that didn't have a team within 200 miles. South Dakota is a little over 400 miles away.
                        Last edited by SubGod22; March 28, 2022, 10:14 AM.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I saw online there were about 4600 people at the Elite Eight game on Monday night. Found a crowd scan at https://twitter.com/ozbanks1/status/1508646933405089793

Comment

I haven't watched women's college basketball for some time. Tuned in to watch the games in Wichita and the games were pretty good, but I'm sure being elite eight games made them a lot more competitive. I didn't realize they had where one could advance the ball past half court with a time out like in the NBA. Have they ever had that in the college men's game or tried it out in the NIT?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                              I haven't watched women's college basketball for some time. Tuned in to watch the games in Wichita and the games were pretty good, but I'm sure being elite eight games made them a lot more competitive. I didn't realize they had where one could advance the ball past half court with a time out like in the NBA. Have they ever had that in the college men's game or tried it out in the NIT?
                              I think the changed that in WBB in the 2015-16 seaon. It only applies with less than on minute remaining in the 4th quarter and in each overtime. Can make for a very long last minute of the game. Give me the Elam ending.

Comment

Didn't they also do away with the 10 second count in the backcourt in the women's game? I can't remember if that was a change or just a proposal at one time, but I wasn't a fan.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X