Wichita Hosts NCAA Elite 8 & Sweet 16 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Hosts NCAA Elite 8 & Sweet 16 Games

Wichita will host the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 of the NCAA women's basketball in two weeks.

I've probably just missed it but I haven't seen much hype or promotion around this event.

I've seen some ads somewhere about it, but not many. But then again, I don't watch a lot of local TV or listen to local radio so it must have been something I've seen on FB or Twitter unless there was some YouTube or TikTok ad that popped up somewhere.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Whoa, I thought we just had 1st and 2nd round games.....16 and 8?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

How much are tickets? Too lazy to look.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            I think the Mrs. said $45 per session; $30 adults and seniors.

Comment

Will there be any biological males playing that we can heckle?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

nm
                Last edited by WstateU; March 22, 2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  It will be interesting to see how well it's attended.

Tickets are $45 all session (3 games). Compare that to (I think) $70 for lower bowl WSU vs KState tickets. Tickets for 1 session are just $25 (plus the usual fees, taxes, expenses, convenience charges, spiffs and resort fees, totaling another $235 or so each).

However, there are only 3 sections available in the upper bowl (and almost every seat is available in those 3 sections which seems odd) and 7 seats total in the lower bowl.

I assumed something fishy was going on, and figured the secondary market would be flooded, but that doesn't seem to be the case. A quick check of stubhub and a couple of other sites show tickets are available, but they are limited. That still doesn't explain the entire upper bowl sold out except 3 sections that have 95% availability.

Comment

I do have a friend who wants to take her daughter and soon to be step-daughter to the games. Step-daughter might be on mom's time though during one, or both nights. I'm tempted to go check it out and support the event. Something like this is a huge opportunity for Wichita.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Tickets are $45 all session (3 games). Compare that to (I think) $70 for lower bowl WSU vs KState tickets. Tickets for 1 session are just $25 (plus the usual fees, taxes, expenses, convenience charges, spiffs and resort fees, totaling another $235 or so each).

However, there are only 3 sections available in the upper bowl (and almost every seat is available in those 3 sections which seems odd) and 7 seats total in the lower bowl.

I assumed something fishy was going on, and figured the secondary market would be flooded, but that doesn't seem to be the case. A quick check of stubhub and a couple of other sites show tickets are available, but they are limited. That still doesn't explain the entire upper bowl sold out except 3 sections that have 95% availability.

They might not have the entire upper level open. I know that Brad Pittman mentioned in a podcast with Paul S that he was hoping they would be able to "raise the curtain" and have the upper bowl open. Maybe they had enough demand to open up a portion of the upper level but not the whole thing.

Just spitballing here.
                      78-65

Comment

KGSO will be hosting a live show from 12-1pm at Sidelines leading in to the games on Saturday.

Comment

The daughter of a Buhler classmate of mine (now in the KC area) plays for Louisville, so I expect she'll have a lot of support. It's tempted me to go, but not sure I'll have the time.

Comment

I just read this, you ain’t a kidding about the add on fees.

Comment

So explain to me how this can be? Are the teams fans buying 2,000 seats each? Or is there than much local interest in the tournament?

I can’t believe I can’t find something in the lower bowl on the primary ticket site. WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X