Bill Self "and the home of the...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    The cool thing about the Like and Thank You system I'm looking to implement will add to reputation on top of showing each person who Thanked or Liked a post. It's a really neat plugin.

And yes, reputation takes a while to gain on the forum, the equation for rep on here is very detailed. Days registered, # of posts, rep power of other members also influences the amount of rep dished out. When you have people who have been here for years and in the 5,000+ post counts, you either have to set the rep system to ungodly specifications, so there is wiggle room for those posters, or you have a normal standard, and have a bunch of posters who've been here a while, that are maxed out. I tried and setup something in the middle, but had to eventually go to the system of massive amounts of rep, because people were maxing out really quickly. Some people are still maxed out on rep even with the crazy parameters I set. I'm hoping that the new Like system will not necessarily cut out the rep system, but make it more on the back burner, and we can use the number of likes/thank yous to judge a true "reputation" on the forum.

I"m also hoping that by doing the like and thank you system, we can get the hundreds of lurkers to create an account, even if they intend to never post, that way they can show appreciation to posters that they enjoy reading.
    "Like" and "Thank You".

Also, I'm sure upgrades like these are not free. So anyone who enjoys them, should click the linky to donate to the cause. We have an awesome free board with an admin that wants to make it even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      "Like" and "Thank You".

Also, I'm sure upgrades like these are not free. So anyone who enjoys them, should click the linky to donate to the cause. We have an awesome free board with an admin that wants to make it even better!
      A lot of plugins are free, but at the expense of features. A lot of the developers structure them this way to give you a little taste of the overall feel of the plugin, and then offer a full featured plugin for a price. I think a lifetime premium version of the "Like and Thank You" plugin runs $65. There have been a few really generous donations over the past couple days that will make the full featured plugin a reality. I never would have thought members would be so willing to offer up assistance with helping out to fund upgrades like this. It's a very humbling experience so far.

Shocker fans really are a great group of people.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

What are you smokin "bleed yellow"??? I am the antithesis of a KU fan but have many KU friends and they go to Manhattan all the time to party and/or go to games... same with Columbia. Seems to me you are a lil whiny or uppity over this .. but why? Seems like lil bro syndrome. If people said the same thing at WSU games I'd complain or tell the people doin it to stfu. Games at the Fieldhouse arent chiefs games so dont say that junk.
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Working...
        X