No announcement yet.

Valley Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All being said I think he did a good a job keeping the Mo Valley relevant especially with what he had to work with as far as budgets and lack of funding by the member schools. I did like his mandate of all schools scheduling up during the non conference even if it lasted only a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      All being said I think he did a good a job keeping the Mo Valley relevant especially with what he had to work with as far as budgets and lack of funding by the member schools. I did like his mandate of all schools scheduling up during the non conference even if it lasted only a year or two.
      The 150 rule made the Valley great. Dropping the mandate was a huge mistake. I still watch Valley games, probably always will. I love seeing them upset big dogs, but with the loss of Wichita State and Creighton, the league is pretty much decimated.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• People should remember that it is was Doug that picked up the phone and called Gregg and told him it was time.

For any faults, Doug reigned over a tremendous period for the Valley, and certainly a BIG resurgence for the conference as a whole. The Valley was not good in the late 80s, awful in the early 90s and not much better in the late 90s. The Valley got pretty damned strong in the 2000s and until it lost CU and WSU. Two blows that no conference could take.

Good overall dude that did a heck of job in a place that was far from easy.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; September 28, 2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• I thought he did a good job. But being conference admin for 33 years is a long, long time. That won't happen again.

Comment

• RIP Dick Versace

Comment

• Watched the UNI Loyola game last evening. Pretty exciting game between the two and a high scoring affair. Lots of made free throws and long threes. Nice game to watch since I had no dog in the fight.

Comment

• Will Loyola get an at large bid? They seem to have the resume but the NCAA needs that 9th team from the big whatever in the tournament.

Comment

• At large for what? A good NET? Because that's all they can lean on. They finished FOURTH in the Valley with 5 losses. Best win....San Fran at Utah? They'll get in ahead of San Fran, but SFU isn't getting in unless they win their tourney, and they aren't winning their tourney. There's no at large there, and I'm a Valley fan.

Also not at large teams, Indiana, Michigan, Notre Dame HELL no.

Florida better win it's last 2 games, but at least they have some good wins and travelled non con.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Also not at large teams, Indiana, Michigan, Notre Dame HELL no.
                    Not a fan of Notre Dame, but why not?? Currently 2nd place in the ACC, 1 game behind 1st place Duke, with Florida St and Pitt left in their conference schedule.

Comment

• Lost 2 of 3 in Maui only beating Chaminade (including bad loss to A&M)

Zero true road games non con, including ACC B1G challenge vs Illinois (which they lost in Indianapolis). I'm not allowing them to count at Howard as a roadie, a game they won by 3 and easily could have lost.

Did beat UK at home

Lost to Indiana who shouldn't be in.

2-4 in non con games that weren't "bye" or "buy" games....and that includes giving them credit for Howard.

ACC

BC split (bad)
                      Pitt win (Bad) by 1 on the road
                      UNC win (good) home
                      G Tech win X2 (not good)
                      Clemson win X2(not good)
                      Va Tech loss(average at BEST) road
                      Louisville win X2(not good)
                      NC State win X2 (bad)
                      Miami win (really good) road
                      Duke loss(really good) road
                      Wake loss (good) road
                      Virginia win (ok) home
                      Syracuse win (ok) home

3 wins vs teams in the dance. Sure, some nice quality losses vs Duke, Illinois, St. Mary's, Wake (bubblish), Indiana (wrong side bubblish) & awful losses to BC, A&M, Racked up a lot of wins vs shitty ACC teams. They shouldn't be a lock at all. Very soft resume imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Lost 2 of 3 in Maui only beating Chaminade (including bad loss to A&M)

Zero true road games non con, including ACC B1G challenge vs Illinois (which they lost in Indianapolis). I'm not allowing them to count at Howard as a roadie, a game they won by 3 and easily could have lost.

Did beat UK at home

Lost to Indiana who shouldn't be in.

2-4 in non con games that weren't "bye" or "buy" games....and that includes giving them credit for Howard.

ACC

BC split (bad)
                        Pitt win (Bad) by 1 on the road
                        UNC win (good) home
                        G Tech win X2 (not good)
                        Clemson win X2(not good)
                        Va Tech loss(average at BEST) road
                        Louisville win X2(not good)
                        NC State win X2 (bad)
                        Miami win (really good) road
                        Duke loss(really good) road
                        Wake loss (good) road
                        Virginia win (ok) home
                        Syracuse win (ok) home

3 wins vs teams in the dance. Sure, some nice quality losses vs Duke, Illinois, St. Mary's, Wake (bubblish), Indiana (wrong side bubblish) & awful losses to BC, A&M, Racked up a lot of wins vs shitty ACC teams. They shouldn't be a lock at all. Very soft resume imho.

I know the ACC is really down this year, but unless they don't get 2nd in the ACC and lose in the first round of the conference tourney, they're most likely in just because. Not that they deserve it.

Comment

• Illinois State announce Ryan Pedon (Assistant Coach, Ohio State) as their 20th head coaching hire.

Comment

• I see Loyola kept Valley tradition, joining us, Creighton, and Tulsa, by winning the tournament on the way out. At least Valley fans will have Murray State to cheer for lol.
                            You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

• I plan on being a big Racer fan while they are in the Valley. Their uniforms closely resemble the Shockers, and my guess is they will have a little Shockeresque swagger in the league. Could be a neat way for Shocker fans to follow the Valley.  ​​​​​​​  ​​​​​​​  ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​
                              Attached Files
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Over/under on how many games until the "Murray is not a state" t-shirts show up?

Comment

Working...
                                X