No announcement yet.

AAC Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice AAC match up in ABC (KAKE Channel 10), UCF hosting USF.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The UCF vs USF game was a shootout. UCF will play Memphis for the championship. 49-42
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I listen every day to the local sports talk shows on my drive to and from work and they hardly ever discuss American Athletic Conference football. In fact I was signing up for an advertisement gig on the Pre-pregame for Shocker basketball and expressed my displeasure about the lack of local coverage for AAC football. Listening to Shane and Bruce this morning for 20 minutes about the playoff picture and thought that they might mention undefeated UCF playing 1 loss Memphis for the AAC championship. Didn't happen in the time I was listening. Anybody else "irked" by this?

UCF athletics director Danny White joined fans on Twitter posting sharing their outrage when the 11-0 Knights were ranked No. 14 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings.

Comment

Congratulations to the University of Central Florida as the only undefeated football team in the country. To borrow a phrase from Mark Adams, "in my book" UCF is the National Champion".

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
            Congratulations to the University of Central Florida as the only undefeated football team in the country. To borrow a phrase from Mark Adams, "in my book" UCF is the National Champion".
            This is what I hate about college football. And after the game all that is talked about is how the coaching staff is all going to Nebraska, thus assuring everyone that UCF, as a school, really doesn't matter. The American is going to have to have a school have a year like UCF and then have the coach stay for the American to truly start struting itself as a Power6.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post

This is what I hate about college football. And after the game all that is talked about is how the coaching staff is all going to Nebraska, thus assuring everyone that UCF, as a school, really doesn't matter. The American is going to have to have a school have a year like UCF and then have the coach stay for the American to truly start struting itself as a Power6.
              That's true. But I don't believe it will happen. And I don't blame the coaches. It isn't like basketball. In basketball, you can face an unfair road getting into the tournament, and unfair seeding once you get there, but at least there are things you can do to make yourself eligible for the national championship.

At UCF, there is literally nothing you can do to become eligible to play for the national championship. As a coach, why would you stay? As a player, why would you choose the school over a team that could theoretically be eligible during your playing years?

Comment

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Cdizzle you’re exactly right and that’s what ticks me off about college football. I just threw a chair.

There’s a great game between # 11 UCF and # 24Cincy right now. College Game Day was in Orlando, and the crowd is pretty amped. It’s a pity that both teams aren’t ranked higher and a pity that the NCAA mafia will prevent UCF from having a shot at the title should they win tonight and against USF next week. If they do, their record will be more impressive than some of the teams ranked ahead of them.

Comment

Cincy can’t get out of their own way to end the half. UCF UP 21 - 6 at the half.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                X