AAC - Navy football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC - Navy football

With WSU entering the AAC this year, an idea that has been floated on campus is since WSU has no football team and Navy has no basketball team for each school to "adopt" the other, support the respective teams and possibly attend a game or two. What would be the interest level in a bus trip to Tulsa for a Navy football game that includes a ticket to the game and entrance to the official Navy pre-game tailgate activities? Price is estimated to be in the $130 range and includes food and beer.

You have to get T-shirts made with Billy the Goat and Wu at the controls of twin F 35's going into battle. That would be badass and stir up some support.

I would guess you could get a bus or two to Tulsa or maybe to the AF Academy game in Co. Springs, not sure if there would be enough for multiple trips per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      With WSU entering the AAC this year, an idea that has been floated on campus is since WSU has no football team and Navy has no basketball team for each school to "adopt" the other, support the respective teams and possibly attend a game or two. What would be the interest level in a bus trip to Tulsa for a Navy football game that includes a ticket to the game and entrance to the official Navy pre-game tailgate activities? Price is estimated to be in the $130 range and includes food and beer.
      I think you would get quite a few takers on that although some folks might prefer just to drive their own vehicles to and from the game. You probalby should work through th athletic departent or the alumni association on something like this. Seems like ADDB mentioned they would be looking into doing some things along this line.

Comment

Scott I know this idea was floated on twitter soon after the AAC announcement was made. I am game, maybe even the wife and son.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          You probalby should work through th athletic departent or the alumni association on something like this. Seems like ADDB mentioned they would be looking into doing some things along this line.
          I believe @Scott: is with the Alumni Association
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I would be up for this, but I prefer to drive myself and my wife. If there is an allowance for that, I am in!
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Since the Air Force/Navy game is played every other year at the Springs and it was played there last year and its at Tulsa this year it looks like one trip per year to watch Navy play one or the other.

Comment

I would prefer to drive as well and spend the night for a true road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Since the Air Force/Navy game is played every other year at the Springs and it was played there last year and its at Tulsa this year it looks like one trip per year to watch Navy play one or the other.
                  Excellent! Where do i sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I have always wanted to go to Colorado Springs to see an Air Force game against Army or Navy. I bet the atmosphere is incredible.
                    78-65

Comment

There's something here guys! Could turn out to be a really cool thing and "feel good" story. But more importantly...a truly "patriotic" show of support from out nations heartland!!!! Keep it up!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I work for the alumni association. We are working with athletics to put something together and I am reaching out to the Shockernet members for feedback to allow us to fine tune the event early in the process before decisions have been made about the bus, overnight stay, specific game, etc. We are attempting to use social media and forums like this to make direct contact with Shocker fans and alums to see what events and programs they would like us to offer. This allows you to have a direct line of communication to the alumni association and help shape the type of events that we do. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. A few things that are being discussed as strong possibilities are:

1. The bus trip to a Navy football game
                        2. A pre-game pep rally/tailgate prior to a weekend conference home game - in the early planning stages but leaning toward the grassy area directly outside the arena with a tent, portable heaters, food and beer
                        3. Possible on campus community event like a food festival

Comment

Trying to convince my WSU grad retired Navy brother and a friend that is an Annapolis grad to go to the Memphis game. The only game within driving distance of Atlanta

Comment

I think this would be WAY COOL! I also think it would be cool if we could do something like last year, when the students weren't filling the student section. Only instead of selling those seats to locals, make them available to our Navy counterparts first for one game. It would be pretty cool to have the Navy in Koch backing our Shocks!!
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

How many people in Wichita have attended the Naval Academy or served in the Navy? We should allow them to obtain free student tickets. Students don't use them, might as well give them to people who will.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X