Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Shocker1976;n1308869][QUOTE=SubGod22;n1308856]
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You are probably correct regards football, as I do not follow football closely. However, regards basketball there are a number of schools who have superior basketball programs to the product UCF offers.
    But if they don't have good football, they're most likely not being added. I'm not sure if any school that might be considered as a replacement would improve basketball. Hell, the AAC has chosen not to replace UCon (bad football) as they haven't felt anyone would bring value.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Any of you guys have connections in the AD and think this might be you? https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1433586733787066374

Comment

My, how a thread can change a mood in less then 24 hours…
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
          Any of you guys have connections in the AD and think this might be you? https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1433586733787066374

This IS you

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            My, how a thread can change a mood in less then 24 hours…
            I’m having “Deliverance” scene flashbacks…

"Squeal like a pig!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

AAC Football Scores:

Scores For Teams That May Be Moving On:
              Houston 21 - Texas Tech 38
              Cincinnati 49 - Miami (OH) 14
              UCF 36 - Boise 31

Scores For The Left Behinds:
              Tulane 35 - OU 40 (Tulane trailed 14-37 at half. Outscored OU 21-3 in the 2nd half and recovered an onside kick with about 2 minutes left but could only gain 9 yards in 4 plays.)

Maybe a scheduling upgrade needed games:
              Memphis 42 - Nichols 17
              SMU 56 - Abilene Christian 7

Some Not So Impressive Reusults:
              Tulsa 17 - UC Davis (FCS) 19
              Temple 14 - Rutgers 61
              Navy 7 - Marshall 49 (The Shocks football pogram struggled today)
              USF 0 - NC State 45
              ECU 19 - Appalachian State 33

Not exactly a stellar performance by the left behinds. Does that indicate it might not be that hard for the AAC to replace UCF, Houston and Cincy with teams that can be ccompetitive in football with the left behinds. Not exactly a good thing.

Comment

In addition to some Little 8 teams that looked awful, led by OU's pitiful performance (I hope that ends the thrice daily discussion of F4 aspirations, they aren't close) vs the Green Wave, if you look west you'll see the PAC12 laying turds left and right over the weekend.

USC and UCLA did fine for themselves, but Oregon had to rally LATE to beat Fresno State in the last minutes 31-24. But that was at least a win....you had OSU losing at a bad Purdue 30-21, Stanford being completely outclassed vs Kansas State in Arlington 24-7 (not that close), BYU handling Arizona 24-16 in Vegas, and then 3 really inexplicable losses, Nevada beating Cal at Cal 22-17, Utah State coming from behind and getting Washington State in Pullman 26-23 and the coup de' grace, Montana taking down the Huskies at Washington 13-7.

I thought the B12 was awful this weekend with OU and OSU (23-16 at home vs Missouri State) Iowa State and Ku barely beating FCS teams (KU needed several miracles to beat South Dakota late in Lawrence 17-14 in a game where they were outplayed mostly and ISU struggled with the always pesky UNI), Baylor struggled to win at Texas State and West Virginia **** the bed at Maryland, but at least the B12 went 9-1 vs 6-6 for the PAC12.

Comment

Other less than impressive efforts vs FCS competition in the Mountain West;

New Mexico 27 - Houston Baptist 17
                  UNLV 33 - Eastern Washington 35
                  Colorado State 23 - South Dakota State 42
                  Wyoming 19 - Montana State 16
                  UTEP 38 - Bethune Cookman 28
                  Hawaii 49 - Portland State 35

And Elsewhere:
                  Vanderbilt 3 - East Tennessee State 23

Comment

What’s everybody think about starting a college football thread? Seriously. Some decent D-II and juco football in this area that might be interesting to discuss too.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      What’s everybody think about starting a college football thread? Seriously. Some decent D-II and juco football in this area that might be interesting to discuss too.
                      Sounds good to me.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 5, 2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

College Football Summary: Alabama will win another NC with maybe a very small amount of competition from 2-3 teams that will be good enough to stay within 2-3 Touchdowns of them in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          College Football Summary: Alabama will win another NC with maybe a very small amount of competition from 2-3 teams that will be good enough to stay within 2-3 Touchdowns of them in January.
                          Can't say I disagree with that assessment. Not sure it's good for college football and with NIL now in play the gulf between the few haves and the resr of the field will probably grow even bigger.

At least Alabama is really trying to challenge itself in the non-con. Miami was a decent enough opponent to open the season at a neutral site.. The Crimon Tide are really stepping it up next week as they take on the FCS Mercer Bears. Then in mid-November they host the aways impressive New Mexico State Aggies.

At least they don't have Vanderbilt on their SEC schedule this year.

Comment

Looking like Bama vs Georgia in SEC Championship game with rematch to follow in Playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Looking like Bama vs Georgia in SEC Championship game with rematch to follow in Playoff.
                              Started a separate College/HS football thread in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Here's my college football playoff predictions for this year and every year going forward:

Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and one of the following: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma.

This eye rolling, boring as hell scenario is why DI college football is pretty much ruined thanks to realignment and a self-destructive obsession with TV money.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X