No announcement yet.

2019 American Conference Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Memphis’ frontcourt look like? Wiseman and...
    Livin the dream

Comment

• shocks02
      shocks02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Isaiah Maurice, DJ Jeffries, Malcolm Dandridge. Their last schollie will likely go to a forward.

Lance Thomas and Ryan Boyce should be there as well, correct?

If I’ve got all the returning players, they are:

Boyce, SF
    Thomas, PF
    Harris, SG
    Lomax, PG
    Maurice, C
    Hardaway, SG

Recruits:

Wiseman, C
    Dandridge, C
    Jeffries, SF
    Ellis, SG
    Tucker, SF
    Quinnones, SG
    Baugh, PG
    Last edited by wufan; May 14, 2019, 10:47 AM. Reason: Added Hardaway
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I do not believe that is true for a player that is “recruited” to play basketball. Can you just link the article that says he’s a preferred walk-on on academic scholarship?
      Oops.....sorry for my mistake. The article I read was in 247, "Taking A Look At Memphis Scholarship Situation for 2019." The kid I read about was Ryan Boyce and not Baugh. The article said that Ryan Boyce was a preferred walk-on and could be given a scholarship this year. I think they chose to keep Boyce as a preferred walk on because he had the grades for an academic scholarship. If the staff chose to move Jayden Hardaway (Penny's son) off scholarship, Memphis could have 1 additional scholarship to offer after they fill the next one, presumably to be Precious Achiuwa (5 star). I think Hardaway and Boyce were both 3 star recruits, but may be mistaken. At any rate, they are loaded. Malcolm Dandrige is a 4 star recruit and the transfer from Louisville (Thomas) was a top 120 player too. I think Thomas got the scholarship that was available because the death of one of their players. Both are center forwards. I was curious as to how they could have so many scholarships available, so I started reading their site. They will be loaded, but that may be their weakness. It could cause locker room issues.

Comment

Here’s a quote from the College Basketball Reddit discussing scholarships on Memphis...

“There ARE rules about who is, in fact, a scholarship player, though. Like if you recruited a player and then you found out that he's eligible for some academic scholarship, you couldn't get around the scholarship limits by having him on the academic scholarship instead of an athletic scholarship. But a coach paying his own's son tuition is perfectly within the rules, whether the son is the team's star player or the last guy off the bench.”
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Here’s a quote from the College Basketball Reddit discussing scholarships on Memphis...

“There ARE rules about who is, in fact, a scholarship player, though. Like if you recruited a player and then you found out that he's eligible for some academic scholarship, you couldn't get around the scholarship limits by having him on the academic scholarship instead of an athletic scholarship. But a coach paying his own's son tuition is perfectly within the rules, whether the son is the team's star player or the last guy off the bench.”
          I agree and see what you are saying. In this case, Boyce was a walk on and never recruited. If I remember, he was one of the lesser players on Penny's AAU team, as was his son. He could have received a scholarship, but they chose not to extend him one this year. That is where the extra scholarships are coming from.

Comment

Penny must have a nice collection of cars in his driveway to loan out for a season or two. That's a lot of talent to entice. Lol

Oh well...great for the league!!!
            Go Shocks!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Memphis just landed 5-star Precious Achiuwa. Penny now has the #1 recruiting class in the country.

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                Mr. Pickle commented
                Editing a comment
                How the hell is everyone going to be satisfied with their playing time?

Also, Lomax is getting recruited over by his boy, and seems like a great candidate for a transfer.

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Memphis just landed 5-star Precious Achiuwa. Penny now has the #1 recruiting class in the country.
              That top 10 player is going to be a problem for our 4 man.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Great for the conference; I’m pretty stoked for the AAC. However, I’m not looking forward to the 8 extra celebratory threads on csnbbs by Memphis fans blowing their load.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

How many of Memphis recruits will be there more than 1 year? Can Penny recruit like this year after year?

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                    How many of Memphis recruits will be there more than 1 year? Can Penny recruit like this year after year?

He has to either win, pay more than everyone else, or both
                    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                      Two or three will leave for the NBA after this year.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Ron Hunter may be onto something at Tulane.

Comment

ECU got a commitment from 7-footer Charles Coleman yesterday. Coleman was also coveted by Duke, Cincinnati, Creighton, Georgia, and Virginia Tech.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-east-carolina

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                            ShockdaWorld commented
                            Editing a comment
                            WOW. Good for ECU!

• rrshock
                            rrshock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How did that happen???

UCF grabbed Texas A&M transfer Brandon Mahan. Sit one play two. We recruited him last season out of JUCO. Should be a good player for the Knights.

View the profile of UCF Knights Guard Brandon Mahan on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Working...
                          X