No announcement yet.

2019 American Conference Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5* guard RJ Hampton reclassifies to 2019, and names a top 4 of KU, UK, Texas Tech, and Memphis.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Boogie Ellis, a top 40 guard, was just released from his LOI by Duke. Memphis was involved with the 5* before his commitment and likely will be again if RJ Hampton commits elsewhere.

Comment

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw a tweet (from Bossi, perhaps) saying Hampton's dad believes the two could play together.

Cincinnati lost their LOI from prized 4-star recruit Samari Curtis yesterday. Brannen currently has 0 players signed and at least 4 open scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Cincinnati lost their LOI from prized 4-star recruit Samari Curtis yesterday. Brannen currently has 0 players signed and at least 4 open scholarships.
        The UC assistant coach who recruited Curtis (who had previously committed and de-committed to Xavier) is now at Virginia Tech and Va Tech has made an offer.

Nysier Brooks is most likely transferring although I guess it is still technically possible he could change his mind and Jarron Cumberland is going to test the NBA waters although there is a good chance he will return since he doesn't seem to be gaining much traction with NBA scouts for some reason.

Comment

Memphis giving away fat stacks of Pennies?
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Memphis landed Top 50 Lester Quinones (shooting guard) yesterday and ESPN’s #2 grad transfer in Ray’jon Tucker today. Still 2 or 3 scholarships left for Penny.

John Brannen landed his first recruit today in Jeremiah Davenport. Former Wright St commit. Logan Johnson announced he intends to transfer so that just leaves Davenport and Cumberland (if he decides to forgo transfer or NBA) as UC’s only current guard depth.

Comment

He's no All-American, but a great get for Ron Hunter on short notice.

Comment

Memphis just landed Boogie Ellis.

Comment

Minutes at the 1, 2, and 3 should be very interesting to watch.

Jeffries 6'7" SF 5 star #25 ESPN

Grad transfer Taylor 6'5" SG/SF shot 41% from 3pt and 20 ppg.

Ellis 6'2" SG 4 star #38 ESPN

Quinones 6'4" SG 4 star #81 ESPN

Baugh 6'3" PG 4 star just outside the top 100 and had a rating higher than both Harris and Lomax

Harris 5'9" PG/SG 25.5 mpg and 10.8 ppg as a freshman played mostly SG

Lomax 5'10" PG 20 mpg and 5.1 ppg did not shoot well last year

Comment

Impressive!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Minutes at the 1, 2, and 3 should be very interesting to watch.

Jeffries 6'7" SF 5 star #25 ESPN

Grad transfer Taylor 6'5" SG/SF shot 41% from 3pt and 20 ppg.

Ellis 6'2" SG 4 star #38 ESPN

Quinones 6'4" SG 4 star #81 ESPN

Baugh 6'3" PG 4 star just outside the top 100 and had a rating higher than both Harris and Lomax

Harris 5'9" PG/SG 25.5 mpg and 10.8 ppg as a freshman played mostly SG

Lomax 5'10" PG 20 mpg and 5.1 ppg did not shoot well last year

I read that Baugh is a “preferred walk-on” that is an A student. He earned an academic scholarship. Penny knows how to load the talent. If they get Precious, they will be loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by WSM View Post

I read that Baugh is a “preferred walk-on” that is an A student. He earned an academic scholarship. Penny knows how to load the talent. If they get Precious, they will be loaded.
                        I believe that would be a recruiting violation to give an academic scholarship to someone that is clearly a high level athlete.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I believe that would be a recruiting violation to give an academic scholarship to someone that is clearly a high level athlete.
                          He comes in as a walk-on. Walk-ons can have academic scholarships. This is from recruiting guidelines, “If you make the team as a walk-on you won’t earn any scholarship money in your first year (unless you are getting academic scholarship money elsewhere).”
                          Last edited by WSM; May 13, 2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSM View Post

He comes in as a walk-on. Walk-ons can have academic scholarships. This is from recruiting guidelines, “If you make the team as a walk-on you won’t earn any scholarship money in your first year (unless you are getting academic scholarship money elsewhere).”
                            I do not believe that is true for a player that is “recruited” to play basketball. Can you just link the article that says he’s a preferred walk-on on academic scholarship?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
                              ShockTalk commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I read 8 different articles regarding Baugh's signing, from ESPN, Rivals, 24/7 to Memphis papers, University of Memphis article, and others. None say anything about him being a walk-on.

I want to hate Memphis- and part of me always will- however, I want them to be as good as possible so when we beat them twice a year, we get a significant boost to our NET. Even a quality loss one every 4 years would be okay.

Comment

Working...
                            X