Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockernet Regime Change

Folks,

@_kai_: has passed on the baton and stewardship of Shockernet has changed once again.

Kai was simply too busy to keep up with it, and frankly, it has grown tremendously in the past several years and the cost and technical skill required to maintain it is ever increasing.

@DUShock: has volunteered to be the Supreme Ultrapremier Prime Moderating Administration Czar (I cannot thank him enough and owe him many beers).

You've probably noticed a "weird" period recently. That was due to the transition and minimal moderator availability. I was not quick to ban any trolls because the last thing I wanted to do when given full access to NORAD was to start nuking people like an eager cowboy. At the same time, I was putting out technical fires and trying to recruit an additional moderator or two to help, so we were razor thin on help for a moment there. We have more moderators in place now, and will hopefully add one or two more.

What's going on now:

1) I am working on a new sponsorship

2) We will be recruiting a new mod or two

3) I will be upgrading Shockernet soon, and moving it to a new host

4) I will continue hitting up @SHOXMVC: to continue his awesome job of interviewing special guests
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

If I had a mobile like button I'd like this... But that like would just soon be lost anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
      If I had a mobile like button I'd like this... But that like would just soon be lost anyway
      I proxy "liked" it for you.

Comment

Many thanks to Kai for his stewardship and to you and DU and the others as well! I appreciate your efforts to give us a forum to discuss with, b1tch at, joke with and harangue fellow Shocker fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Folks,

@_kai_: has passed on the baton and stewardship of Shockernet has changed once again.

Kai was simply too busy to keep up with it, and frankly, it has grown tremendously in the past several years and the cost and technical skill required to maintain it is ever increasing.

@DUShock: has volunteered to be the Supreme Ultrapremier Prime Moderating Administration Czar (I cannot thank him enough and owe him many beers).

You've probably noticed a "weird" period recently. That was due to the transition and minimal moderator availability. I was not quick to ban any trolls because the last thing I wanted to do when given full access to NORAD was to start nuking people like an eager cowboy. At the same time, I was putting out technical fires and trying to recruit an additional moderator or two to help, so we were razor thin on help for a moment there. We have more moderators in place now, and will hopefully add one or two more.

What's going on now:

1) I am working on a new sponsorship

2) We will be recruiting a new mod or two

3) I will be upgrading Shockernet soon, and moving it to a new host

4) I will continue hitting up @SHOXMVC: to continue his awesome job of interviewing special guests
          @Kung Wu:, any tantalizing details of what can be expected in the update? @DUShock: and all the other mods thank you for all you do. We really do appreciate it.
          Last edited by wheathead; June 28, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
            @Kung Wu, any tantalizing details of what can be expected in the update? @DUShock and all the other mods thank you for all you do. We really do appreciate it.
            Off the cuff, I hope it does these things for us:

- I expect the Thanks/Like to work on mobile
            - You should be able to upload images from a mobile device
            - The screen should automatically switch between mobile/desktop layouts (responsive)
            - There will be larger private message folders
            - Better anti-spam capabilities
            - Private phone conversations between HC3GM and recruits will automatically be transcribed and posted here
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is fantastic. Thanks for the update on things. I look forward to whatever changes happen. Is it crazy for me to suggest that we invite everyone back for a clean, fresh start? Obviously, that is up to the new mods, and I still don't have a clue what all went down that led to some of the big defections over the years. I'd love to have a renewed attempt at unity, and I'd also love to crush the upstart other board :)

Comment

I expect the Thanks/Like to work on mobile
                I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment
                  ...oh dear.

Comment

- The screen should automatically switch between mobile/desktop layouts (responsive)
                    - Private phone conversations between HC3GM and recruits will automatically be transcribed and posted here
                    I especially like that last item. It's amazing what you can do with technology and 1.21 gigawatts.
                    Last edited by wheathead; June 28, 2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Kung, I'd be interested in sponsorship opportunities, let me know what options there might be. Thanks.

Comment

🏀🏀🏀 AWESOME 🏀🏀🏀
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Charles Koch is probably paying for Shockernet. No way WSU has a board this good otherwise.

Comment

Charles Koch is probably paying for Shockernet. No way WSU has a board this good otherwise.
                            Could you please provide evidence this is a "good board?"

;)
                            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                              Could you please provide evidence this is a "good board?"

;)
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X