How To - Display an image in a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To - Display an image in a post

1) In a post, click the image button as circled in red below.

2) On the dialog that appears, click on "From URL".

3) IMPORTANT: UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" - This will prevent @_kai_:'s costs from going up, it's a lot more reliable, and will make your image appear in it's entirety instead of as a thumbnail attachment.

4) Paste the URL that you copied into your clipboard from step 9 of the How To: How To - Upload an image anonymously

5) Click OK

6) Click "Preview Post" to make sure the images display properly.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Mr. Wu,

Is this still accurate? I can't figure out how to display the image as opposed to the link. You have time to help an old guy?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Mr. Wu,

Is this still accurate? I can't figure out how to display the image as opposed to the link. You have time to help an old guy?
      Did you click the "image" icon (step 1)? That's critical as it goes and fetches an image, instead of just posting a link. If you hover your mouse over each icon and then pause, it will tell you what the icon is.

Comment

Ok, here goes nothing.

Last edited by wichshock65; August 18, 2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Didn't work. I found some random image of a beer off of the interwebs and copied the URL. Then pasted the URL into the Image Icon and deselected the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Still getting a link. I want desperately to be like the cool guys and have the image show in the body but cant for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Ill try again with a difference image just for grins.
            Attached Files

Comment

Crap

Comment

I just clicked your link, did a right-click copy on the image, then pasted it here.

Comment

Ill try again with a difference image just for grins.
                  Actually this is really close. This is what it looks like when you you do everything right except deselect that check box.

Comment

Didn't work. I found some random image of a beer off of the interwebs and copied the URL. Then pasted the URL into the Image Icon and deselected the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Still getting a link. I want desperately to be like the cool guys and have the image show in the body but cant for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
                    That is really odd. Sounds like you have the right steps down.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I finally figured it out. I guess I was just overthinking it. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          That is really odd. Sounds like you have the right steps down.
                          Never could get it to work using the URL in the image tab. Simply clicking and pasting into the body of the message is the only way it would work. Like I said, I was way over thinking it. Lol

Thanks Mr. Wu!!

Comment

Never could get it to work using the URL in the image tab. Simply clicking and pasting into the body of the message is the only way it would work. Like I said, I was way over thinking it. Lol

Thanks Mr. Wu!!
                            Well I never have done it that way -- I learned something new!

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X