Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Goodbye
          Buh-Bye
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            "G'nite, John Boy."

"Goodnight, Gruzorc".
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Now you all can tell me decent areas to live in the city. Was told no where south of Kellogg. I'm not a suburb fan, so Andover and Derby are out. Girlfriend will be at Via Christi and such.

Comment

Hey! South of Kellogg is just fine in many places in town!

But if you are wanting to be close to Via Christi (presuming you mean the St. Francis location) and want older homes in well established neighborhoods, give the Riverside area a look. If you want an "urban living" style, there are a fair number of loft apartment style places in the Old Town area. If you are wanting a newer place, you are looking at being either a ways east or a ways west. College Hill area east and south of Wesley Medical Center is attractive to those interested in older homes in established areas as well. All that said, the reality is there is no really long drive in Wichita, unless you do something like live in Goddard and work in Andover.

I use wichitalistings.com to scout for houses. It is the local Berkshire Hathaway site, but has all houses on the MLS system. You can filter searches pretty well and even search by map.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Now you all can tell me decent areas to live in the city. Was told no where south of Kellogg. I'm not a suburb fan, so Andover and Derby are out. Girlfriend will be at Via Christi and such.
                  If you're looking for an apartment, there are plenty of nice and newly renovated units in downtown. It's an easy city to get around in, and downtown is a great jumping off point.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Hey! South of Kellogg is just fine in many places in town!

But if you are wanting to be close to Via Christi (presuming you mean the St. Francis location) and want older homes in well established neighborhoods, give the Riverside area a look. If you want an "urban living" style, there are a fair number of loft apartment style places in the Old Town area. If you are wanting a newer place, you are looking at being either a ways east or a ways west. College Hill area east and south of Wesley Medical Center is attractive to those interested in older homes in established areas as well. All that said, the reality is there is no really long drive in Wichita, unless you do something like live in Goddard and work in Andover.

I use wichitalistings.com to scout for houses. It is the local Berkshire Hathaway site, but has all houses on the MLS system. You can filter searches pretty well and even search by map.
                    It's Just something I was told. Only thing I've known about south of Kellogg that is on Cops a lot. Oh and that strip club my buddy got kicked out of is down there. I definitely will use think link provided. We're looking at houses, because of the pup. We'll be in town next weekend to do closer investigation.

Comment

It's Just something I was told. Only thing I've known about south of Kellogg that is on Cops a lot. Oh and that strip club my buddy got kicked out of is down there. I definitely will use think link provided. We're looking at houses, because of the pup. We'll be in town next weekend to do closer investigation.
                      There are definitely some rough neighborhoods south of Kellogg. There are some north of Kellogg as well. Most of the rough neighborhoods that I personally have encountered (mostly during the few years I spent as a pizza delivery driver) were what I would consider South Central and North Central Wichita. If you are far enough east or west, there are nice neighborhoods both north and south of Kellogg.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        There are definitely some rough neighborhoods south of Kellogg. There are some north of Kellogg as well. Most of the rough neighborhoods that I personally have encountered (mostly during the few years I spent as a pizza delivery driver) were what I would consider South Central and North Central Wichita. If you are far enough east or west, there are nice neighborhoods both north and south of Kellogg.
                        I currently live in St. Louis. I doubt the Wichita violence puts a dent into what goes on here. I'm not too worried about that.

Comment

I currently live in St. Louis. I doubt the Wichita violence puts a dent into what goes on here. I'm not too worried about that.
                          Point taken. Forgot about your current residence.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

South of Kellogg and east of Woodlawn is generally pretty nice. I'm east of Rock and pretty far south. It's fairly close to McConnell. The tankers that fly out of there are quiet enough that they are hardly noticeable unless you're directly north of the base and under their flight path.

One advantage of the east side is that if you drive toward Via Christi, you have the sun at your back morning and evening. Make that trip from the west side and there will be several months a year where you're nearly blinded driving into the sun both morning and evening.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              South of Kellogg and east of Woodlawn is generally pretty nice. I'm east of Rock and pretty far south. It's fairly close to McConnell. The tankers that fly out of there are quiet enough that they are hardly noticeable unless you're directly north of the base and under their flight path.

One advantage of the east side is that if you drive toward Via Christi, you have the sun at your back morning and evening. Make that trip from the west side and there will be several months a year where you're nearly blinded driving into the sun both morning and evening.
                              She mentioned that. She lived in Goddard for her first year of residency. Definitely wasn't something she was happy about haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X