I like basketball and stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like basketball and stuff.

I'm moving to Wichita after living in Saint Louis for a year. Lived in Oklahoma City for years before that and mainly I love basketball. I do a lot of free lance writing, covered SLU this past season, cover the NBA regularly and I run ThunderObsessed.com. I covered the lady shockers this past season in the NCAA's for swishappeal.com, it was cool getting to know some of the ladies.

Blah. Blah. I like basketball and scotch.

Hi.

With WSU's recent sustained success, we've picked up some new posters who have not blended well into our long-term group.

Just to check your credibility, what Scotch do you drink? What's the absolute bottom of scotches you would drink? During the off-season, we'd probably rather discuss single-malts and compare notes on good Scotches than endlessly repeat the same posts about recruits and predictions for next year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well, I'm not necessarily a Shocker fan. Just need a local basketball outlet since I'm moving to college basketball community. I'm a fan of good, quality basketball. I appreciate all levels of good basketball; men's, women's levels. Covered the WNBA for a couple of seasons. It was pretty fun.

I do like Lagavulin 16 and Balvenie Doublewood. The cheap scotches get a try but most of the they're cheap for a reason.

Comment

Certainly have to appreciate a person that's covered the WNBA. No doubting your love for basketball.

Welcome.

I believe you'll find our current level of men's college basketball equating to a Glemorangie or perhaps a Belvanie 40 in the Scotch world. Complex, seductive with a beautiful full finish. A wonderful experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Well, I'm not necessarily a Shocker fan. Just need a local basketball outlet since I'm moving to college basketball community. I'm a fan of good, quality basketball. I appreciate all levels of good basketball; men's, women's levels. Covered the WNBA for a couple of seasons. It was pretty fun.

I do like Lagavulin 16 and Balvenie Doublewood. The cheap scotches get a try but most of the they're cheap for a reason.

So is SLU going to rebound this year and get back to its winning ways? Is Crews in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            So is SLU going to rebound this year and get back to its winning ways? Is Crews in trouble?
            I think they're in trouble. I'm more about the Big 12 ball, as an OU alumnus.

Comment

Oh.......my.......god.

Comment

I just can't...
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Wulp ... now we know why he likes hard liquor so much.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Whelp, that went downhill quick.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Oh.......my.......god.
                      That was not a slight at MVC at all. Covered it here. It's quality basketball. Big 12 is pretty over rated, we saw that in the tournament this season. It's just what I've always watched, being from Oklahoma City. Good basketball is just good basketball and I love good basketball.

A pattern develops.

Comment

Delwhinney 15 yr old single malt, highland scotch, highest distilled scotch in the world.Drank it in Scotland, loved it
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

That was not a slight at MVC at all. Covered it here. It's quality basketball. Big 12 is pretty over rated, we saw that in the tournament this season. It's just what I've always watched, being from Oklahoma City. Good basketball is just good basketball and I love good basketball.

A pattern develops.
                          And no slight to you, @Chuck:. It was the phrase you used. It was comparable to chumming the water for sharks on this board. Fortunately, the only ones it attracted were posters who would only poke a little fun, so you didn't create a feeding frenzy. And you should do well given your phrase I highlighted above. Welcome.

Comment

you'll become a shocker fan soon

Comment

B12 isn't real popular in Shockerland. Teams from the B12 won't play us, and their fans used to come on our board with totally elitist and arrogant attitudes and point out how we need to learn our place and stay in it. We aren't seeing that so much any more.

The 12-year reigning B12 champion is 1-3 against the MVC in that same time frame. Probably the worst four words that couild ever be said in this forum are, "I'm a B12 fan".

Edit: Those 4 words are probably the second-worst four words. The worst would be, "I'm a KU fan", but, for some reason, we're not seeing that from any posters at all any more! That 13-point beatdown of the B12 champ has pretty much kept B12 fans away from this board lately.
                              Last edited by Aargh; May 25, 2015, 09:52 PM.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X