No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with Shockernet or is it my Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are still working the problem on the server side.

On my home router, I blocked the following, which seems to have helped the situation at home.

go.pub2srv.com
    go.pushnative.com
    onclkads.com
    url.ie
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Still happening in my browser. :(
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
          Had the same problem the last 48 hours. I ran windows defender the full scan. It can back and said I had a virus " SupportScam:JS/techBrolo.aa" . I deleted it seems ok now. Hope this helps.
          I tried to get on shockernet today and the same problem is back. Access to other web site's seem to work. Any update to this problem yet?

Comment

What's happened to kai anyway? Hasn't posted since December. Like someone turned off a faucet.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              What's happened to kai anyway? Hasn't posted since December. Like someone turned off a faucet.
              Tax season. Check back in on April 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I strongly resemble these remarks. This is very frustrating.

Long ago, I was ahead of the curve. Now, I'm so far behind I haven't got a clue.

Comment

I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but I just wanted to come here and make sure someone has said:

"Yes, there is most certainly something wrong with Shockernet"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but I just wanted to come here and make sure someone has said:

"Yes, there is most certainly something wrong with Shockernet"
                    lol my thoughts exactly. Holy pop-ups Batman.

Comment

For those of you using Chrome, install the AdBlock Plus extension. It took care of the issue for me. Once the problem is fixed, you can disable it if you want.

Comment

Sorry I can't help this go around. Busy and getting no computer time these days. :(
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I just got a free hour ... going to look into this a bit more since it doesn't seem to be corrected yet. Just sent a text message to Kai to see where he's at. If anybody knows the current status, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I just got a free hour ... going to look into this a bit more since it doesn't seem to be corrected yet. Just sent a text message to Kai to see where he's at. If anybody knows the current status, please PM me.
                            While you're at it, I've got another weird problem to look into. For some reason, my mobile version doesn't display "like" and "thanks" options :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              While you're at it, I've got another weird problem to look into. For some reason, my mobile version doesn't display "like" and "thanks" options :)
                              It's easy. Just look for posts from Kung Wu and reply with +1.

Comment

Ahhh, sneaky bastards. The javascript injection is happening from this:

[script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js?v=417"][/script]

I replaced the <'s with ['s ... anyway ... if you read that code, the executable lines has the document.write(...) crap that is causing the issue.

So now the question is, where is connection-min.js being included from? If that's in your head section, and not needed, just remove it. If it's needed, edit it and remove those document.write lines and then change the permissions on it so it can't be rewritten.

Comment

Working...
                                X