New Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    I'd have to make a fake Facebook page so I could continue to spout my nonsense anonymously.
    There's that for sure. In my case I probably wouldn't. Everyone already knows I'm a hot headed asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Why would you bring up Lemons? Why?

Why.
      To ruffle your feathers

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        I'd have to make a fake Facebook page so I could continue to spout my nonsense anonymously.
        I thought that's what Twitter was for?

;)
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Maybe make Shockernet sports related only. Get rid of the Off Topic and Politics forums and add a forum that is WSU school related, but not sports related for things like the thread "Wichita State Poised For Massive Growth?", etc.

Comment

I think the Off Topic & Politics forums are just fine. We just need to do a better job of keeping politics out of the sports forums, perhaps the moderators should simply come down hard on posts (and posters) that are off topic.

The bigger issue IMO is the posters who spend much of their time attacking fellow posters and fighting over nonsense. I read Shockernet for a couple of years before I finally joined, and even after that I took a break for a few months because of the constant bickering and personal attacks around here. If not for the good information to be found on this site and my love of shocker sports I probably wouldn't have stayed. I can't help but wonder if there haven't been quite a few others who feel the same way.

We currently have 390 active members out of a total of 4000+, how many more active members might we have if we just did a better job of being civil to each other. Most of our members behave responsibly, but 1 bad apple spoils the bunch.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Bring back C0|D. He was always worth the price of admission.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                I think the Off Topic & Politics forums are just fine. We just need to do a better job of keeping politics out of the sports forums, perhaps the moderators should simply come down hard on posts (and posters) that are off topic.

The bigger issue IMO is the posters who spend much of their time attacking fellow posters and fighting over nonsense. I read Shockernet for a couple of years before I finally joined, and even after that I took a break for a few months because of the constant bickering and personal attacks around here. If not for the good information to be found on this site and my love of shocker sports I probably wouldn't have stayed. I can't help but wonder if there haven't been quite a few others who feel the same way.

We currently have 390 active members out of a total of 4000+, how many more active members might we have if we just did a better job of being civil to each other. Most of our members behave responsibly, but 1 bad apple spoils the bunch.
                Totally agree with this, particularly now that I don't have to worry about a visual surprise while scrolling down the page.

I love civil diagreemnt, but find incivility offensive, enough so that I have almost stopped visiting this site. The other site is kinda dull without the one very clever poster that abruptly stop posting during the off season. I have not been around long enough to know why he was band. I hope he is well.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  Totally agree with this, particularly now that I don't have to worry about a visual surprise while scrolling down the page.

I love civil diagreemnt, but find incivility offensive, enough so that I have almost stopped visiting this site. The other site is kinda dull without the one very clever poster that abruptly stop posting during the off season. I have not been around long enough to know why he was band. I hope he is well.
                  Hadn't been over there for some time. It looks like they had a purge of some of the original posters between 2/2016-6/2016, several who were very active.

They've had 30 members login (not post) so far in January. A number of those post here, several others have never posted, and several joined there sometime ago, but seldom ever post.

They had one active thread on Shocker basketball today, 5 total for the month, and the other 4 have been inactive since 1-11.

No other Shocker sports forums have been active since 12-14-16.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    I think this is right and it encapsulates what I'm afraid of - that the board is starting a slow, inevitable decline.

The median age of a poster here in, say, 1998 (all 30-40 of us) had to be, what 30? 35?

Now it is probably close to 50? Maybe older?

Not sure how to loop in fresh blood going forward, or if it's really worth pursuing.
                    Whoa! ShockerNet is a church!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I've been a member here for a little over 5 years. I enjoy this board. I've learned to ignore most of the sophomoric back and forth that goes on. I agree, though, that it's likely that some have stopped participating and other interested parties have decide not to join because of bullying behavior. What a shame. Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is prevalent on other forums I have veiwed. Oh, the power of anonymity. I'm betting most of the culprits aren't going to change their feathers.

Regarding TOB. I've occasionally gone over there to see what they have to say. Let's just say it's a very intimate board. I wonder how many have returned to Shockernet under different names.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Whoa! ShockerNet is a church!
                        That's a relief. I was worried we were a cult.

Comment

Was just on AAC board and a couple of posters mentioned having trouble signing up for a shockernet account

http://http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-810867-page-27.html
                          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                            Was just on AAC board and a couple of posters mentioned having trouble signing up for a shockernet account

Free the AAC posters!

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post

It looks like no one has been added for awhile. If you look at the bottom of the main Shockernet page, it says our newest member is Tomhouse. He joined way back on December 12, 2016.

Comment

I believe both posters mentioned not receiving the confirmation email.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X