No announcement yet.

Nasty Shockernet Outage - 10/04/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working link copied from the Twitter page [*Tweet]https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1445467315718418434?s=20[/Tweet]

Not working from 65's post
    [*TWEET]https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1445467315718418434?t=ZTj12JMeNn0PJITfhyePng&s=19[/TWEET]

Not sure how you copied the link from the Twitter page.
    Last edited by jdmee; October 5, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Uuuuggghhhh. Any ideas other than just to stay off of SN?
      Look for privacy settings on your browser. Try to disable one and then refresh and see if you can see them.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Look for privacy settings on your browser. Try to disable one and then refresh and see if you can see them.
        Ok, disabled.

Comment

Ok, figured it out. For some reason I'm getting a bunch of extra stuff in the copied tweet and that's keeping it from showing up. I'm copying the tweet same as always, using the copy link directly in Twitter, but getting a bunch of other stuff in the address. When I copied the tweet that jdmee posted, it worked....
          [*Tweet]https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1445467315718418434?s=20[/Tweet]

But when I copy the same link from Twitter, it shows....
          *https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...HLMtP2HfQ&s=19

Any idea why it would add t=g63NrcXWkNW0drhIiSKwsA&s to the address? Again, I had changed nothing when this started.

Weird.

Comment

No, not sure why those query strings would matter. Maybe Twitter changed something recently?

Comment

No, not sure why those query strings would matter. Maybe Twitter changed something recently?
              Why would my queer string be different from others?

Comment

Depends. What are your pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Depends. What are your pronouns?
                  Damn 72, QUERY.

LOL

Comment

Don't know -- it's totally up to Twitter in why they create them and how they use them. Being logged in versus logged out would probably yield different results. But again, having those on there _shouldn't_ matter to the twitter bbcode thing, but apparently it does if that's what you are seeing.

Comment

Don't know -- it's totally up to Twitter in why they create them and how they use them. Being logged in versus logged out would probably yield different results. But again, having those on there _shouldn't_ matter to the twitter bbcode thing, but apparently it does if that's what you are seeing.
                      You're right about logged in versus out. While logged out and copying link from browser, I get tweet the way I need it. Logged in and thru the app, I get the extra QUERY string that Shockernet doesn't recognize. I can do a Google search with the extra string and the tweet is found.

Comment

While logged out and copying link from browser, I get tweet the way I need it.
                        Well that's annoying that you have to be logged out for it to work well.

Comment

Well that's annoying that you have to be logged out for it to work well.
                          Dude, there's only one thing I do well on SN and that is to post tweets. Now that has been taken away from me. What will I do with my time here now? Actually read all of a Cold post? I don't think so! I gotta get this fixed, AND FAST!

Comment

Working...
                          X