Nasty Shockernet Outage - 10/04/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Shockernet Outage - 10/04/2021

So .... IBM down in Dallas had a really nasty power outage in a "pod" that Shockernet happens to reside in. Went down at 8:30am and apparently it was really bad, because it just came up (around 4:30pm).

Worst outage we have ever had with them -- kind of fortunate it was Shockernet and not other business critical stuff. Then again all the other business critical stuff is super redundant, but Shockernet doesn't have the budget for that.

Sorry for the downtime.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    So .... IBM down in Dallas had a really nasty power outage in a "pod" that Shockernet happens to reside in. Went down at 8:30am and apparently it was really bad, because it just came up (around 4:30pm).

Worst outage we have ever had with them -- kind of fortunate it was Shockernet and not other business critical stuff. Then again all the other business critical stuff is super redundant, but Shockernet doesn't have the budget for that.

Sorry for the downtime.
    We all appreciate what you do Kung Wu, but a little “downtime” ain’t all bad…

Last edited by WstateU; October 4, 2021, 06:05 PM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Here is a part of the support tickets that were going back and forth with the IBM techs today, after asking for an ETA:

"IBM Cloud engineers are actively engaged on the issue with our vendor to restore services. Response Team reported that a damaged (charred) board has been replaced within the PDU."

Charred isn't a word I am used to seeing in support tickets. lmao

Comment

Sorry for the downtime.
        I needed the break.

Comment

Dang. I missed it. I know, I am slacking!
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Facebook and Related Apps Go Down in Huge Global Outage

Comment

Sorry for the downtime.
              Hey! I found out I have a wife and two kids!
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Hey! I found out I have a wife and two kids!
                She didn't tell you about the third she is expecting? I guess you have been on Shockernet way to much!

Comment

Hey Kung Wu , I've noticed that posting tweets no longer showing up since the outage.

Comment

Comment

Hmmm, wichshock65 are you using the DuckDuckGo browser?

Comment

Oh look, HCGM is punching Superman between the shoulder blades.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hmmm, wichshock65 are you using the DuckDuckGo browser?
                          No, google chrome. I'll try again.

Comment

Test. Test. Test.

Last edited by wichshock65; October 5, 2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I still see nothing. Hmmmmm
                              I put a tweet in just below my test. When I edit the post, the tweet is still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X