Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It appears as if the right is just falling apart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears as if the right is just falling apart.

To read the posts in the political forum, one might think the Democrats are in a tailspin.

Not so, however.

In the same week that the U.S. Senate passed a major financial reform bill touted as reining in Wall Street, Democrats pulled ahead of Republicans, 49% to 43%, in voters' generic ballot preferences for the 2010 congressional elections.

Democrats Jump Into Six-Point Lead on Generic Ballot

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the same week the U.S. Senate passed a major financial reform bill touted as reining in Wall Street, Democrats pulled ahead of Republicans, 49% to 43%, in voters' generic ballot preferences for the 2010 congressional elections.
    But what about healthcare?

Studs like Tiahart have been campaigning against it, right?

Whoops.

But it doesn't matter, because no one wants that healthcare anyway, right?

Wrong.

Meanwhile, you've got Republicans apologizing to BP for the horrible way they've been treated, you have the adorable little Tea Party busting apart at the seems (go figure... that many tin-foil hat wearing lunatics can't get along with one another?) and it appears as if the GOP is hurting right now.

This section is looking like the orchestra on the sinking Titanic right now.

Discuss.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Your silence for weeks speaks to your weak stance.

Registered voters include lots of people that don't vote.

Any chance this is a one week anomaly? Regardless, independents, who usually decide elections, are still breaking strongly with the right.

You and your lefty buddies are grasping at straws. Do your damage now, because real Americans are going to take back our country.

Goodbye, and good riddance.

Comment

Or you could study this mountain of evidence to the contrary. One snippet:

A year after President Barack Obama's political honeymoon ended, his job approval rating has dropped to a negative 44 - 48 percent, his worst net score ever, and American voters say by a narrow 39 - 36 percent margin that they would vote for an unnamed Republican rather than President Obama in 2012, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
      That was the tip of the mountain-sized iceberg, check out the whole iceberg here:

Comment

Re: It appears as if the right is just falling apart.

Originally posted by rjl
        To read the posts in the political forum, one might think the Democrats are in a tailspin.
        Democrats have a 2 to 1 advantage in money. That is why Joe "Bite Me" Biden came out taunting - money rules. There will be no conservative tsunami like there was '96. Mainly because the Republican party is devoid of any real conservative leadership. There is no Reagan. There is no Gingrich.

Frankly It is game over for our nation - were past the breaking point - fiscally and morally. Very tough days our coming.

Comment

Although things could change in the ensuring months (the past 18 have taught us that), I think you are whistling past the graveyard, rjl.

As it stands now, the real question is not whether the Democrats will get hammered in November but how flat they will be. And should the Republicans make significant gains what will they do with their increased numbers or what will they do if they gain control of the House or the Senate or both is what matters long term.

Standing in opposition to President Obama and the Democrats agenda is one thing (and a good thing) but it is not enough to regain the trust of the people. They need an agenda; they need a message, for example: (1) A plan to unwind the federal ownership state in auto companies; (2) a plan to deal with, and possibly dissolve, Fannie and Freddie; (3) repeal of the health care legislation – start over anew; (4) tax reform – give relief to parents, increase incentives to work and save, and simplify the code; (5) maybe a federal hiring freeze.; (6) if you are going to give assistance to state governments during these hard times – make them make the hard fiscal choices they need to make like reforming their pension systems; and on and so forth.

Maybe I am missing something but I don’t see Republican representatives offering an alternative vision for the future (with the exception of people like Paul Ryan). I don’t know how much they will be able to get done with President Obama in the White House and what will be extreme opposition from the remaining Democrats; but they have to try. They should make this election as much about 2012 as 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Only you would see it that way Doc! The way you ended your post is just one of many reasons why people dont post on this forum! I hope all 8 of you have fun agreeing with each other on your radical positions! 8) 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              ........ your radical positions! 8) 8)

My radical positions? Now freedom, the Constitution and being careful with the people's money is radical?

You sir make me laugh.

And, not surprisingly, I completely agree with Maggie. If the Republicans do not organize and unite with a logical goal then we're just in for more of the same corruption.

Comment

Only you would see it that way Doc! The way you ended your post is just one of many reasons why people dont post on this forum! I hope all 8 of you have fun agreeing with each other on your radical positions! 8) 8)
                KC, I think the only ones who quit posting here are the liberals who simply cannot win a debate based on facts, history and the sentiment of the American voters. Please, debate if you can in good conscience. Don't bring your useless personal attacks. They only reveal your weak position.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                  KC, I think the only ones who quit posting here are the liberals who simply cannot win a debate based on facts, history and the sentiment of the American voters. Please, debate if you can in good conscience. Don't bring your useless personal attacks. They only reveal your weak position.
                  More Fantasy island! Never has been any debate only name calling.
                  Freedom, Constitution,etc more like more like right wing rhetoric!

Again have fun agreeing with each other! 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Let's see if I got this right.

RJL posted the results of some polls
                    I posted results of some polls I found that refuted rjl's post
                    You posted a criticism of WuDrWu

Which of these is not the same as the others?

Comment

rjl will sometimes debate things some which i think most of us appreciate. kc rarely if ever does which is unfortunate. He just jumps to the conclusion that nobody will do it and it'll be nothing but insults and goes away.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe for the fun of it, and because KC can't or won't debate, I should take up the liberal cause for him and provide the counter-balance that the President, George Soros, MoveOn.org, Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers and Jeannine Garafolo would provide.

I can try and hide my buyer's remorse just like KC and nearly all of the Obama voters do these days. You know I have it, but I'd rather die than admit to some conservatives that I was wrong and they were right.

What say you, KC? Everyone else? Want to play a game?

Comment

The way I see it there are three things happening:

1. Democrats still haven't realized there are actual people who disagree with them. More than those who agree. Their ship is taking on water.

2. The moderate, RINO, neo-con wing of the Republican party is falling apart and sinking fast.

3. The "right" is starting to get its act together and realize that those in bullet points one and two are on the same team.

Comment

With regard to point one: Unfortunately, the Left has always sought to demonize those that voice opposition to their vision. They relate to this vision personally – in many ways it is a secular crusade. After all they have the one true faith; they are the vanguard of the proletariat, etc. You can’t simply disagree with the vision – disagreement is blasphemous; disagreement is disingenuous – done for political purposes (the President uses this tactic all the time in stump speeches and in actual face to face discussions with Republicans). When you dismiss opposing views as “radical” (or worse) it is simply a convenient way to avoid actually making a counter-argument. That Left’s vision may run smack up against reality (unfavorably) makes no difference to the faithful (they always try to leave themselves an escape hatch, e.g. the stimulus did not work because it was not large enough. It is never the course of action that is flawed); but this is why they are losing arguments with the general public – taking on water as you say.

With regard to point two: I agree. The “problem” is not confined to merely those in the Democratic Party. Too many Republicans are unwilling or unable to make alternative arguments. Some may be too eager to get positive press; some I am sure have an unhealthy belief in what government should be doing; and some are just (to borrow a word from our esteemed AG) cowards. They need to take a close look at the good governor of New Jersey.

With regard to point three: Let’s hope so. There are positive sign out there – it will be up to the voters come November and beyond.

Comment

Maggie if you had been John McCain's speechwriter, America wouldn't be fighting the Secular Crusaders and the other Big Government worshippers.

More and more every day it seems that Obama's final legacy will be that he galvinized America against the Progressives and their secular crusade against the Constitution and the core Judeo-Christian values of the Founding Fathers. His liberal radicalism could actually end up pushing America more to the right of center than it already was prior to his ascendancy. For unintentionally saving America, he just might deserve a spot on Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Working...
                              X