Insanity on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity on college campuses

This general topic has a lot of potential.

Here's one from the USC on the left coast: Couple says it was horseplay, but university suspends male for assault

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    This general topic has a lot of potential.

Here's one from the USC on the left coast: Couple says it was horseplay, but university suspends male for assault
    Where is due process?
    Where?
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Where is due process?
      Where?
      Liberals do not believe in "due process." After all, that is part of the Constitution (5th Amendment and also in 14th) which their intent is to destroy (except when it otherwise suits them).

But this is absurd. The reporting students should also be investigated for defamation of character and be subject to emotional distress damages, if appropriate.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Liberals do not believe in "due process." After all, that is part of the Constitution (5th Amendment and also in 14th) which their intent is to destroy (except when it otherwise suits them).

But this is absurd. The reporting students should also be investigated for defamation of character and be subject to emotional distress damages, if appropriate.
        The roommate's action is questionable, but being the son of the coach may have felt obligated. The tennis coach can't be blamed (his hands were tied). That Title IX office needs to be completely gutted again, like it was a couple of years ago after scrutiny that they weren't aggressive enough in their investigations. They were obviously on a crusade and was not about to let the truth or common sense get in their way.

Comment

It certainly makes you hesitant to ever want to send your kids to college. Rape/sexual assault is such a horrendous thing and when due process determines it has occurred, the punishment should be the most severe. But radical feminism has infiltrated so many institutions and distorted policy. They've created a climate of fear where girls think there's a rapist everywhere they turn, and then with boys, they can have their lives ruined with a false accusation from a vindictive, predatory woman (they do exist) or from misunderstanding like was in the article.

Even when young men are exonerated, the damage is already done because the accusations become public and it ruins relationships and opportunities for these young men. I don't see this monster ever being tamed on college campuses.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Don't conflate liberals with whatever left fringe ideology promotes this horseshit and similar instances.

I am a firm believer in due process. How colleges supersede the courts in the cases I have no idea. I imagine a Supreme Court challenge will arise from one of these soon. I think the tide is turning already with Emma Sulkowicz's alleged rapist forcing Columbia to settle, for example.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Don't conflate liberals with whatever left fringe ideology promotes this horseshit and similar instances.

I am a firm believer in due process. How colleges supersede the courts in the cases I have no idea. I imagine a Supreme Court challenge will arise from one of these soon. I think the tide is turning already with Emma Sulkowicz's alleged rapist forcing Columbia to settle, for example.
              Is the tide turning though? He probably was able to get a nice sum in the settlement, but mattress girl was still able to do so much damage to his life without any repercussions from Columbia. She was able to carry on with her "protests" along with other students and faculty even being involved in it, pretty much assuring him of non-stop harassment and that he would never have the typical social or college experience.

A student that isn't as well off and can't afford a good legal team, might not get the favorable outcome going against a university like Columbia and the feminist war machine like Nungesser did.

Comment

Don't conflate liberals with whatever left fringe ideology promotes this horseshit and similar instances..
                The left, the far left, the left fringe, antifa; they are in exactly the same place. Exactly.

Comment

If conservatives have to own neo-nazis, then liberals have to own crap like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    If conservatives have to own neo-nazis, then liberals have to own crap like this.
                    I never said they did.

Edit: The proper role of government, state and federal should always be debated. Advocating for less federal power and more individual freedom does not make one a neo-Nazi...far from it. I tend to argue for a fairly robust federal government in many areas (defense, minimum standards for safeguarding against the tyrrany of the majority, interstate infrastructure, foreign policy). Opinions to the opposite are necessary to find a compromise we can all live with.
                    Last edited by BOBB; August 24, 2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      The left, the far left, the left fringe, antifa; they are in exactly the same place. Exactly.
                      Follow that logic the other direction and tell me if you agree.

Comment

I never said they did.
                        I don't necessarily assume you do, but the national narrative unquestionably does.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          I don't necessarily assume you do, but the national narrative unquestionably does.
                          There have been some hysterics related to Trump. But this applies to conservatives only if you assume that Trump is a conservative. He is a nationalist and advocates for a powerful national government. Just because there is some overlap with conservative issues doesn't make him conservative.

Comment

Advocating for less federal power and more individual freedom does not make one a neo-Nazi...far from it.
                            No... it makes one a libertarian.

Strange that you even had to sound that out for clarification.

Comment

Follow that logic the other direction and tell me if you agree.
                              Bullshit. Name a moderate Dem. Pelosi? Schumer? Waters? Bernie? They don't exist anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X