Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, for emphasis.
    Both.
    Both Trump and left wing protesters in vagina costumes are embarrassing.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Breaking windows and damaging property is not protest, it's mob behavior, vandalism, rioting and illegal.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Honestly, I don't really have a major problem with politicizing a tragedy. I get that it's probably not in good taste, but if the tragedy is the basis for the argument you're trying to make, then it makes sense to talk about it.

If poor response to Katrina is the reason we should change the way FEMA operates, then we should openly discuss that as the response is going on. No one said "let's not politicize the Flint water crisis." No one says "let's not politicize the deaths from abortion."
        Sure, I agree with you here. It's worth having a discussion to try and prevent this stuff from happening. But when discussion is immediately off the rails of any sort of civil, respectable form, that's what makes me sad. I'm not saying that's necessarily happening here, but it doesn't really help to point fingers either.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
          Is that the majority of protest? We've have like 6 antitrump protest in Wichita without arrest
          Don't care. That's not what hits the news, that's not what motivates. Violent protest begets more violent protest. And I don't like having to explain to my kids what the hell a vagina costume is. I was equally appalled during the election when the left erected statues of a naked Donald Trump.

If you can't see that the wheels are coming off, I can't help you.

Comment

This is the political statement fromthe left:

2017-06-14-15-49-43-.jpg

I debated posting. I find it offensive and classless, but since the left calls it art and political expression, well, we should see what the left considers art and political expression.

Comment

Well, that if it doesnt represent that majority of people in the left then don't label it that way. Label it the alt left like the alt right. Look I dont want to see vajays either but I dont see how that leads to violence
              I think it does represent the majority on the left. Not the vast majority, but at least 51%.

Comment

I didn't post the full frontal.

Comment

I'd disagree.
                  Okay.

Comment

While I dont like it, how does this differ from some rightd point of view about the milo speeches on college campuses
                    what does this mean?

Comment

You don't have to be "left" to despise and intensely dislike Trump.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Milo is gay, and the party of hate prevented him from speaking on campus by using violence.

Comment

There was an alt right guy, milo something (left labeled hum as a white nationalist), who had a campus tour. Left didnt like it, right claimed freedom of speech. So my point is you can't say yeah milo had a right to speak but the left can't have a naked donald trump
                          Yes you can. While the right has free speech, it is up to the right to decry and distance themselves from racist, hate speech. And while the left can erect offensive statues, the left also needs to dcry the action and distance themselves.

My point hasn't been whether or not people have a right to wear vagina costumes or erect naked statues of their political rivals, they do. How the left polices themselves is what I have to judge, the left isn't.

Comment

good for Milo

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Milo is gay, and the party of hate prevented him from speaking on campus by using violence.
                              Oh, that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                                Sure, I agree with you here. It's worth having a discussion to try and prevent this stuff from happening. But when discussion is immediately off the rails of any sort of civil, respectable form, that's what makes me sad. I'm not saying that's necessarily happening here, but it doesn't really help to point fingers either.
                                I just think it's too often used as a way to not respond to the merits of the complaint and instead say "look at those people politicizing tragedy."

Trump does it when there's a terror attack from a Muslim. Dems do it when there's an attack with guns. Conservatives do it when there's an attack that doesn't involve guns.

And, yeah... something about this discussion certainly seems off the rails. I think that the problem isn't politicizing tragedy. The problem is that talking about these problems in the wake of a tragedy brings in a lot more emotion than there might otherwise be. I'm not going to fault anyone for not partaking in political debates immediately following something like this. I just also think this is a tool people use to try to shut down legitimate discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X