GOP Baseball Team Attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Oh, bullshit. An acknowledgement of observable facts is not automatically anti-gun talk. I'm pro-gun. I've merely acknowledged that we are going to have crazies owning guns, and crazies with guns will do crazy things with them. There are generally downsides to anything that is considered an overall good. The downside to the 2nd Amendment is that crazies will have guns.
    A) I didn't quote you, although I can understand the association.

B) I've already had 3 personal discussions with cohorts that have taken up the anti-gun talk, and I'd bet any amount of money it will be the subject of multiple discussions throughout the "mainstream media" over the next few news cycles.

C) If @seskridge: says that isn't precisely what she was referring to in her post, I will humbly apologize for jumping to a wrong conclusion.

Comment

This morning, in Alexandria, Virginia, a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter.......but I repeat myself....

Comment

There are dipshits run amok on both sides at the moment, no doubt. The deranged imbecile who recently killed those two Indian fellows in KC under the mistaken belief they were Arab muslims comes to mind of an example of violent lunacy from the fringe right, whereas this tragedy illustrates violent fringe lunacy on the far left.

All deserve vehement condemnation and I have no envy for the reward awaiting them in the afterlife.

Comment

14974612587271192506459001.jpg

First inappropriate Twitter post from a leftist that was removed when he realized he wasn't funny at all. There may be more.

Seriously, the political vitriol must stop.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Politics is not worth letting it determine your hapoiness.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
              http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-latest-alexandre-bissonnette-donald-trump-marine-le-pen-facebook-social-a7554451.html

Not only a political rival but yes there are trump supporters jilling. My point is that it doesn't matter what side we shouldn't politicize this. We should all come together and say extremism on either side is wrong
              Canada? Really? You need to find a Canadian, shooting Canadians, in Canada? Lousy, lousy example. In fact, it flat out doesn't even count.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

There was also that guy that shot someone because he thought they were muslim immigrants, what about those 3 from great bend that were planning a terror bomb plot to kill somalians
                The nutjob in Kansas City was scorned by by the right. Also, you are mixing hate killing with politically motivated killing. Not that any killing is any better or worse, but we have now evolved into killing political opponents. What has come of this country? I really think this stems from the anti-Trump movement that began the day after the election. It started as inconsolable crying, which led to protests, which led to more protests, which led to pink poosay hats, the RESIST movement, women dressing up,as giant vaginas and now, a shooting.

The left needs to take a huge chill pill.

Comment

I was literally agreeing with the post I commented on. Notice how you jump on me but not others. Thanks for owning up to your mistake, it is appreciated.
                  You have my humble apology. I knew @Aargh: was pro gun so I knew he wasn't taking that stance from his comment. I abhor all violence, from earlier today, to the idiot in KC to the gangs down the street everyday to the rioters all over the country. All of it.

Comment

Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

- Rand Paul
                    That attitude gives me a real problem because one person's Nirvana is another person's tyranny. Do we each individually decide when our government is tyrannical, or do we have someone who tells us when the government has become tyrannical and then it's open season on anyone in government?

When David Koresh decided the government had become tyrannical, it was a bad result for those following his lead. The government has more and better weapons than the citizens. When Timothy McVeigh decided the government was tyrannical, he didn't need a gun.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      That attitude gives me a real problem because one person's Nirvana is another person's tyranny. Do we each individually decide when our government is tyrannical, or do we have someone who tells us when the government has become tyrannical and then it's open season on anyone in government?

When David Koresh decided the government had become tyrannical, it was a bad result for those following his lead. The government has more and better weapons than the citizens. When Timothy McVeigh decided the government was tyrannical, he didn't need a gun.
                      Don't forget looney Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and even Ted Cruz making speeches about people exercising 'their second amendment rights'.

Just another reason I detest Ted Cruz.

We need to start calling everyone out, regardless of their political stripes, when they start making remarks like those.

Politicians on both sides like to play the 'I can pee higher up the wall than you' game.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        The nutjob in Kansas City was scorned by by the right. Also, you are mixing hate killing with politically motivated killing. Not that any killing is any better or worse, but we have now evolved into killing political opponents. What has come of this country? I really think this stems from the anti-Trump movement that began the day after the election. It started as inconsolable crying, which led to protests, which led to more protests, which led to pink poosay hats, the RESIST movement, women dressing up,as giant vaginas and now, a shooting.

If you think violence or the incitement thereof is a uniquely left-wing phenomenon, I have names for you.

Eric Trump, who called Democrats "subhuman." Donald Trump, who offered to pay supporter's fees if they attacked protesters and said 2nd Amendment people could handle Clinton. Ted Nugent, who Obama to "suck on my machine gun." Sarah Palin and the lead up to the attempted assassination of Giffords.

Sean Urbanski, who killed second lieutenant Richard Collins III. Dylann Roof, who murdered 9 African-Americans as they went to church. Jeremey Joseph Christian, who stabbed Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche and Ricky John to death in Portland. Mitchell W. Adkins, who walked in to Kentucky coffee shop with a machete and asked for people's political affiliations until he found a Democrat to attack. James Harris Jackson, who chose a random black person to stab to death in New York. Alexandre Bissonnette, who attacked a mosque in Quebec. Jared Lee Loughner, who killed Judge Rohn Roll and shot Rep. Giffords in the Tucson shootings.

A while back, I said one of my biggest disagreements with Trump is the way he handles violence. He has no sympathy, he just uses the events for political gain. If it is his supporter, he says nothing. If it is a Muslim or a leftist, he tweets about it and how it proves we need his agenda.

Here is how I want him to handle an attack by someone claiming to support him:

I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be: Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms - Bernie Sanders, 6/14/2017 in response to news that the attacker supported Bernie
                        THAT is sent out by the leadership of the Democrats. THIS is what Trump said earlier when confronted with an assault by Trump supporters:

“I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate. I will say that, and everybody here has reported it.”
                        I find it very misleading to say or infer that this violence is the result of violent messaging from the left and the left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          If you think violence or the incitement thereof is a uniquely left-wing phenomenon, I have names for you.
                          Who insinuated that? Not me. I simply stated that it has now spilled over into killing (or the attempt thereof) of political opponents. It needs to stop. The tone from both the right and the left is off the charts. I will add, though, the behavior of the left since the election is embarrassing. Poosay hats, vagina costumes, breaking windows at Starbucks, on and on. It needs to stop.

The right needs to stop calling the left smowflakes, they need to be more careful in crafting statements and Trump needs to stay off Twitter.

I still don't know where you came to the conclusion that I thought or alluded that the violence is a left wing phenomenon.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            Who insinuated that? Not me. I simply stated that it has now spilled over into killing (or the attempt thereof) of political opponents. It needs to stop. The tone from both the right and the left is off the charts. I will add, though, the behavior of the left since the election is embarrassing. Poosay hats, vagina costumes, breaking windows at Starbucks, on and on. It needs to stop.

The right needs to stop calling the left smowflakes, they need to be more careful in crafting statements and Trump needs to stay off Twitter.

I still don't know where you came to the conclusion that I thought or alluded that the violence is a left wing phenomenon.
                            The following statement blames the left, and only the left, for the culture of violence:

I really think this stems from the anti-Trump movement that began the day after the election. It started as inconsolable crying, which led to protests, which led to more protests, which led to pink poosay hats, the RESIST movement, women dressing up,as giant vaginas and now, a shooting.

You don't say "people on both sides need to take a huge chill pill." Only the left. Maybe in your heart you meant it that way, but that is not what you wrote on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              The following statement blames the left, and only the left, for the culture of violence:

You don't say "people on both sides need to take a huge chill pill." Only the left. Maybe in your heart you meant it that way, but that is not what you wrote on this message board.
                              Yes, the left does. Seriously. The left is out of control. But violence isn't solely a left wing phenomenon. Don't read into what isn't there.

Comment

Who is more embarrassing, people wearing vagina hats or the president talking a dang golf cart at the meeting or world leaders when everyone else walked or bragged about grabbing women on tape? One person is a citzen and one person is the leader that speaks for the whole nation.

While you may not like what they wear, protesting is the most democratic
                                way for them to get their point across other than voting.
                                Both.

Comment

Working...
                                X