GOP Baseball Team Attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Baseball Team Attacked

North Carolina Rep Mark Walker told NBC News that the ‘gunman was there to kill as many Republican members as possible’.
    Four people including the House Majority Whip Steve Scalise where hit.

Been watching this for a couple of hours now. Sounds like his security detail, made up of local police, are going to be in line for the Presidential Medal of Freedom or something closely related to that. Both took fire and were hit and continued to return fire after being wounded. It is thought one of those 2 is responsible for eventually taking out the shooter.

Rand Paul was on the field. Apparently he had just left Scalise's side. One of the Congressman's 10 year old son was in the dugout. And one Congressman reported being asked if those were Dems or GOP on the field, just minutes before the shooting started.

Side note, Wolf Blitzer is an idiot.

Comment

Prayers to Congressman Scalise as well as the other victims. I hope the decades-long trend of showmanship by violence will reach its peak soon and we can begin a return to normalcy, but I am not optimistic that is the case as we become increasingly desenstized by the frequency of similar attacks. Disturbing and tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Prayers to Congressman Scalise as well as the other victims. I hope the decades-long trend of showmanship by violence will reach its peak soon and we can begin a return to normalcy, but I am not optimistic that is the case as we become increasingly desenstized by the frequency of similar attacks. Disturbing and tragic.
        I believe "showmanship by violence" has become the "norm". We have a lot of mentally unstable citizens who own weapons. Those people will continue to use their weapons in ways that are outside of what we would like to consider normalcy.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Media is reporting the shooter was a Trump Hater, Bernie Supporter from Illinois.

Comment

Bad deal. This could have been much worse. Hoping for a quick recovery for all.

I don't see this as an opportunity to make political points one way or the other.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
              This is a sad truth.
              Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd the left IMMEDIATELY starts the antigun talk. Like CLOCKWORK.

Comment

It's a sad time in the United States when we can't offer condolences/prayers during a tragedy without yelling at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                  Violence is bad no matter what but I do find it interesting you never post when trump supporters kill people. Extremism is bad no matter what side.
                  I don't understand. Trump supporters shot up Democrats? When? Or do statisticians identify the political affiliaton of every killing? So we have a running count?

So far, I know of zero killings perpetrated by Trump supporters on their political rivals. Zero. I'm sure a Trump supporter has shot someone in the last 100 days. I'm less sure that a single Trump supporter has shot anyone for being a Democrat. Ever.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd the left IMMEDIATELY starts the antigun talk. Like CLOCKWORK.
                    Agreed. NYTimes and Breitbart comment sections having a race to the bottom. Both are disgusting.

Comment

Honestly, I don't really have a major problem with politicizing a tragedy. I get that it's probably not in good taste, but if the tragedy is the basis for the argument you're trying to make, then it makes sense to talk about it.

If poor response to Katrina is the reason we should change the way FEMA operates, then we should openly discuss that as the response is going on. No one said "let's not politicize the Flint water crisis." No one says "let's not politicize the deaths from abortion."

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I don't understand. Trump supporters shot up Democrats? When? Or do statisticians identify the political affiliaton of every killing? So we have a running count?

So far, I know of zero killings perpetrated by Trump supporters on their political rivals. Zero. I'm sure a Trump supporter has shot someone in the last 100 days. I'm less sure that a single Trump supporter has shot anyone for being a Democrat. Ever.
                        The inbred in KC that shot the guy he thought was an immigrant could be labeled a "Trump Supporter" I suppose. It's a reach, but it does fit I think. But yeah, I was wondering about "all these" Trump based killings that have been going on. You know, blood in the streets kind of thing.

Comment

Oh, bullshit. An acknowledgement of observable facts is not automatically anti-gun talk. I'm pro-gun. I've merely acknowledged that we are going to have crazies owning guns, and crazies with guns will do crazy things with them. There are generally downsides to anything that is considered an overall good. The downside to the 2nd Amendment is that crazies will have guns.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            Agreed. NYTimes and Breitbart comment sections having a race to the bottom. Both are disgusting.
                            Isn't it sad that you actually can lump the Gray Lady and Breitbart into the same mess? Another unfortunate part of society today. :(

Comment

Isn't it sad that you actually can lump the Gray Lady and Breitbart into the same mess? Another unfortunate part of society today. :(
                              Quite.

Comment

Working...
                              X