No announcement yet.

Comey Testimony - Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about "lifting the cloud" - Comey said Trump agreed a full, and deliberate russian investigation would be good and if any of his satellite (people) were involved it would be good to find out.

Comment

Wyden - did you feel you job was contingent on how the russian investigation was handled? No.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Wyden - did you feel you job was contingent on how the russian investigation was handled? No.
        Comey says he sensed his job would be contingent on how Trump felt he conducted himself and he demonstrated loyality.

Comment

LOL - if lying in Washington is crime then impeach them all.
          More like my point (and I mis-atributed your quote in my response) is this:
          "2.3 Lobbying, Reciprocal Behavior, and the Law of Bribery

The previous two sections have reviewed laws that pertain directly to revolving-door and campaign finance relationships, but these vectors of influence can also be regulated by the bribery and extortion statutes.
          These statutes are implicated when someone provides (or promises) campaign donations or expenditures, or a job, as the quid, and a politician provides (or promises) some particular official action as the quo."

Again, not sure this is illegal, but IS highly unethical.

Reference: https://academic.oup.com/jla/article...f-Quid-Pro-Quo

Comment

Who recommended your firing? Comey - I don't know.

Comment

Senator Susan Collins up now.

Comment

Comey was trying to not leave a J.Edgar Hoover impression where he was holding this Russian investigation over his head - in response why he told Trump he wasn't being investigated.

Comment

Comey talked to the AG and AAG about Trump.

Comment

Comey had somebody leak his memo so that a special prosecutor would be appointed

Comment

Comey had somebody leak his memo so that a special prosecutor would be appointed
                      I think this is big point - because I think Comey believe a crime was committed. Nobody is talking about the 4 or 5 other memo he wrote but has not talked about. If there is smoking gun this may be it. The other thing is there "Trump Tapes".

Comment

Comey said look at his whole testiomony. When trump kicked everybody out but him is worrisome.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                          Absolutely. However, the gop will be all over Comey for "leaking"
                          I don't think so because it was not anything classified - they were his memos. It just shows Trump is amaeteur thinking he could fire Trump and get no blow back.

Comment

Blunt is Up.

Comment

I'm sure there is someone there transcribing all of this.

Comment

Comey said look at his whole testiomony. When trump kicked everybody out but him is worrisome.
                                to clarify Comey asked rhetorically "Why would Trump kick everyone out of the room in order to talk to me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X