No announcement yet.

Comey Testimony - Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comey has a feeling that Trump expected some type benefit by letting him stay on the job.

Comment

Comey kept memo because he had concerns that Trump might lie about their conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        rambling peacocking by the chairman and vice chairman
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Comey kept memo because he had concerns that Trump might lie about their conversations.
          Yes, and if it is not criminal (and it might not be), it is highly unethical. Almost like a public figure asking for a bribe in return for a 'favor'.

Edit: I was responding to your statement about Trump expecting some sort of a benefit by keeping him on the job and not the referenced quote.

Comment

Comey did say that Trump did not try to obstruct Russia investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Yes, and if it is not criminal (and it might not be), it is highly unethical. Almost like a public figure asking for a bribe in return for a 'favor'.
              LOL - if lying in Washington is crime then impeach them all.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                He just said that although it was literally true that Trump himself wasn't under investigation at that time, his campaign and collusion w. Russia was. So that Trump's actions were likely within the scope. So for any of the morons who are screaming about TRUMP IS VINDICATED don't know how to listen closely.
                Sort of like all the brouhaha about Kamala Harris interrupting the AAG yesterday. These politicians all preen in front of the cameras, and also (though not in this case) try to score cheap political points in sound bites that play well on their local TV stations.

Harris was out of line, in my opinion, for her continued interrupting and I thought Burr did the right thing when he shut her down.

She should have been more trying to be polished and refined and less trying to be trying to audition for Jerry Springer or Maury.

Comment

Question of Trump campaign colluding with Russians news story - Comey was upset with NYT story and queried the FBI to make sure he wasn't missing something. In simple terms - No collusion with the Russians.

Comment

But the Flynn situation is differentiated from the russia investigation as described by Comey
                    Could be of course.

Comment

Discussion about Trumps "I hope" statement. Comey said it is correct nobody has been charged for "I hope".

Comment

Comey - President did not order me to let Flynn probe go.

Comment

Comey says he hopes that Trump indeed has tapes. He said if he was stronger he would have told Trump they should not talk about Flynn.

Comment

He took Trump questions about lifting the cloud being that Trump just wanted to put behind the russian investigation. But still he was shocked they would be asked to stop it. They (FBI) decided to just hold this information and not tell anybody.

Comment

Rubio asking Comey why he didn't tell Trump what is appropriate and not appropriate to discuss. He said he just wasn't courageous enough.

Comment

So all this time my mom was saying "I hope the kitchen is clean by the time I get home..." she wasn't making a speech act, she was just genuinely hoping someone would clean it?
                                That is the way my children interpret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X