Election Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I don't understand the point you are making. I think we both know what a pardon is. The point in doubt is whether charges have to be filed or not. I do not believe they do. I think an offense only has to be committed. I think Obama could pardon Hillary right now for the email issue, and that would be the end of it.

Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes that MAY have been committed. Here is the language from Ford's actual pardon:

Charges do not need to be filed.
    That doesn't mean it is legal. The Constitution does not say anything about any offense committed, it talks about reprieves and pardons. Reprieve clearlty requires a sentence, therefore a charge had to have been filed. Pardon is less clear, but since reprieve means "reduce," it is not a stretch to say that pardon means "full forgiveness."

People interpret the Constitution in different ways, but the English language seems to support my interpretation.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      People interpret the Constitution in different ways, but the English language seems to support my interpretation.
      The English language supports my case equally. But precedent clearly supports my intepretation.

The Supreme Court has even ruled on this in 1866 in "Ex parte Garland":

9. The power of pardon conferred by the Constitution upon the President is unlimited except in cases of impeachment. It extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment. The power is not subject to legislative control.
      The "offence" only needs to have been committed. No charges necessary to issue a pardon. :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Too bad that way back then, they didn't know offense is not spelled with a c.

Wait, is that old English? Did they spell it that way, and because of our poor education system, we now spell it wrong?

Is it just legal talk?

I think misspelling offense is an offence.

If I wear a powdered wig, can I spell any way I want?

Can I get a pardon for this offencive post?

I got nothin' more but Happy Thanksgivig.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Thats the way they used to spell Thanksgiving.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Thats the way they used to spell Thanksgiving.
            Okay, now that's funy!

Comment

• Thy mother did like t at which hour i did get offensive with h'r last night of all.

This site is sweet: http://lingojam.com/EnglishtoShakespearean

Comment

• The Clinton Foundation needs to be fully investigated and audited.

Comment

• What if Hillary wins the recount?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    What if Hillary wins the recount?
                    Nothing. It flips one state. Biggest waste of time. Ever.

Comment

• The Jill Stein recount is a scam meant to fleece progressive sheep, I can't get too mad about that.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Nothing. It flips one state. Biggest waste of time. Ever.
                        The democrats are waiting for the deadline to file their recounts (they will be filing recounts in Wisc, MI and Penn. at minimum). If those states are not able to finish the recounts in time for the deadline in December to certify their results, then the House will have to elect the president, and senate the VP. It is a waste of time and money - but a calculated political move by the democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          The democrats are waiting for the deadline to file their recounts (they will be filing recounts in Wisc, MI and Penn. at minimum). If those states are not able to finish the recounts in time for the deadline in December to certify their results, then the House will have to elect the president, and senate the VP. It is a waste of time and money - but a calculated political move by the democrats.
                          Yeah. Last week I was talking to a guy who was giving all the options the dems had. This was one. Unfortunately for the dems, none of them end with Hillary in the White House.

Big waste of time and money.

Comment

• Another option he spoke of was turning the electoral college. Unfortunately again for the dems, those casting votes in the electoral college are partisans, just as congress is partisan. Short of Donald Trump raping a collie in Times Square, there is virtually no way for the dems to turn this.

Comment

• Hahaha. It's a scam when the dems do it, but Trump would've done the same thing if the roles were reversed. Leave it as it stands as far as I'm concerned. This ought to be a helluva show for four years. Think clown car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                Hahaha. It's a scam when the dems do it, but Trump would've done the same thing if the roles were reversed. Leave it as it stands as far as I'm concerned. This ought to be a helluva show for four years. Think clown car.
                                Not a scam. A waste of time and money. People are free to waste their time and money if they want. I'm not a Trump supporter, my history of posts makes that clear. That said, didn't the press and Hillary push Trump on accepting the outcome, whatever it may be? Are we going to have another dog and pony show ala Gore? Do Democrats always cry, whine, protest and burn **** when they lose?

Should we just vote Democrat from now on, simply so Democrats won't burn our ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X