Election Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Yup. I'm 52, I watched it unfold. He wanted to bring the injustice to light, they simply butchered him.
    So your point that they should have told Reagan he was unacceptable before Borking him in full public view was probably a little off since they'd already shoved their middle finger at him in response to his nomination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      So your point that they should have told Reagan he was unacceptable before Borking him in full public view was probably a little off since they'd already shoved their middle finger at him in response to his nomination.
      He should have never made it to the judiciary committee. It probably would have been better to leave the seat empty. GHWB would have filled it. Kennedy is the result of a second term president trying to get a nominee appointed. I'm not a fan of Kennedy.

Anyway, Trump has two seats to fill as RBG is moving to New Zealand.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The real OG (original Ginsburg) was sandwiched between Bork and Kennedy, too. Mary jane crushed his chances which was really a shame, dude was a brilliant badass jurist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          The real OG (original Ginsburg) was sandwiched between Bork and Kennedy, too. Mary jane crushed his chances which was really a shame, dude was a brilliant badass jurist.
          I remember that, too! I don't think we want to ask that question anymore.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I remember Bill Clinton with the "I never inhaled." Then finding out that W was a party animal and a cocaine aficionado! When Obama ran, it was a little scandalous that he was a closet smoker and Hillary doesn't do drugs. My money says Trump can get his hands on the good ****.

Comment

• Barry was a heavy drug user, and I imagine that he is looking forward to January.

Comment

I remember Bill Clinton with the "I never inhaled." Then finding out that W was a party animal and a cocaine aficionado! When Obama ran, it was a little scandalous that he was a closet smoker and Hillary doesn't do drugs. My money says Trump can get his hands on the good ****.
                He probably trafficks it and the reason he is anti-illegal immigration is to shut down his competition.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• For all you upset liberals, rather than protesting and bitching, watch this. Maybe you need to focus your anger inward.

Comment

For all you upset liberals, rather than protesting and bitching, watch this. Maybe you need to focus your anger inward.

https://youtu.be/GLG9g7BcjKs
                    Fun little staged monologue! I find it to be very insightful, and if it catches any momentum, a huge step in the right direction. Disagreement with discourse would go a long way in finding common ground.

Being in the science field, I have many well educated liberal friends. I am fortunate that several of them find me to be crazy, but openly discuss these items on which we disagree.

I also find it interesting that post election, there was a coy smile and nod associated with supporting Trump...it was almost a secret handshake or a behind closed doors dirty joke.

"What did you think of the election?"

"I think it will be interesting."

"Hopefully he is able to get the country back on track."

No public celebration or gloating for fear of offending or being shouted down. It's a shame that we can't openly discuss the outcome without laying the groundwork of mutual expectations.
                    Last edited by wufan; November 13, 2016, 07:11 AM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

For all you upset liberals, rather than protesting and bitching, watch this. Maybe you need to focus your anger inward.

https://youtu.be/GLG9g7BcjKs
                      It's going to be at least one more election cycle before his admonitions have any effect. Actually, it may be a generation or more. From what I'm seeing the angry, young, hate-filled, condescending, trigger-filled, snowflake liberals have a long, long way to go before they'll demonstrate any openness to reflecting on their relational style. It's who they are. That's not easily or quickly changed.

The older libs might get it after some deep reflecting. The question is whether they (parents and educators) will teach their kids to continue believing anyone who doesn't think like them is stupid and deserves public ridicule, or that civil debate is a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        The question is whether they (parents and educators) will teach their kids to continue believing anyone who doesn't think like them is stupid and deserves public ridicule, or that civil debate is a good thing.
                        I hate to say but with each generation that passes, fewer parents purposefully teach their kids anything and what they model for them is usually bad. There are some trying but more and more, the kids get what they want, not what's best.

Comment

• This interesting NY Times article from back in May found its way onto my FB newsfeed today. A good and thoughtful article, that likely rankles a lot of those in the liberal/progressive camp. Probably lessons that can be learned for any ideology as well.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Trump needs to cut a backroom deal where the Clintons shut down their Foundation (and are not allowed to start any new ones) and then he calls off all investigations of her and even pardons her for the email lunacy -- giving her one shot at grace. That would go a long way for reconciliation, but the Clintons must absolutely not be allowed to continue with the Foundation front.

That would be a good way to end the distraction of Hillary going forward.
                            He's not going to pursue her: http://nypost.com/2016/11/22/trump-w...ainst-clinton/

Smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              He's not going to pursue her: http://nypost.com/2016/11/22/trump-w...ainst-clinton/

Smart.
                              He may not, but the FBI and Congress aren't giving up.

We'll see what happens in January.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                                He may not, but the FBI and Congress aren't giving up.

We'll see what happens in January.
                                Right. They might. They might switch over to Foundation investigation though?

Comment

Working...
                                X