BREXIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREXIT

UK is voting on the EU referendum. From those I know who are UK citizens - they expect to the "STAY" to win pretty easy because they thought common sense would prevail.

At this point it is:

8,501,671 OUT
    8,042,838 STAY

So the risk is increasing that the UK will leave the EU.

Leave is going to win based on the breakdown of early returns. Dow futures are down 500 at the moment.

Polling firms blew it.

Comment

Looks like Scottland voters (supporter of stay) were less enthusistic in voting (67% turnout), with the "Leave" turning out at low-70s%. Wonder if STAY loses if Scottland will chose to leave the UK.

Comment

The betting sites have the timeline at o/u 20 days before Cameron announces resignation. Big moment we are witnessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Leave is going to win based on the breakdown of early returns. Dow futures are down 500 at the moment.

Polling firms blew it.
          Buy the dips!

Comment

I thought there might be a late swing for the "STAY", but it is starting to be a runaway. Pollsters will be studying what did they do wrong on this one.

Attached Files

Comment

Big congrats to those that bought gold recently
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Cameron has announced his resignation.

Comment

So the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union and their leader resigned? Sounds like the good ole USA oughta vote to leave the European Union immediately!

Comment

"One of the biggest arguments for the those on team Brexit is immigration. Being a member of the EU means that any citizen of an EU nation – including those much poorer thank Britain like Bulgaria and Romania – can move to the U.K. whenever they want. Once there, they're entitled to work and to receive taxpayer-funded welfare, just like a Briton. And the U.K. gets a lot of immigrants: According to Migration Watch , 330,000 immigrants arrived in the U.K. in 2015, and it's estimated as many as 500 people arrive in the U.K. every single day.

Stuart Rose, former CEO for British chain Marks & Spencer has claimed that EU immigrants depress wages in the U.K. and take jobs from Britons."

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      "One of the biggest arguments for the those on team Brexit is immigration. Being a member of the EU means that any citizen of an EU nation – including those much poorer thank Britain like Bulgaria and Romania – can move to the U.K. whenever they want. Once there, they're entitled to work and to receive taxpayer-funded welfare, just like a Briton. And the U.K. gets a lot of immigrants: According to Migration Watch , 330,000 immigrants arrived in the U.K. in 2015, and it's estimated as many as 500 people arrive in the U.K. every single day.

Stuart Rose, former CEO for British chain Marks & Spencer has claimed that EU immigrants depress wages in the U.K. and take jobs from Britons."
                      Sounds like a case study in "open borders". I'm sure it still won't dissuade those elements here who want the same thing. Their intentions are too good to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Sounds like a case study in "open borders". I'm sure it still won't dissuade those elements here who want the same thing. Their intentions are too good to be wrong.
                        Legends in their own mind!
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Maybe the first thread of the unraveling of the EU. EU is not popular with France and Spain. Germany is about 50-50.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              So the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union and their leader resigned? Sounds like the good ole USA oughta vote to leave the European Union immediately!
                              Kansas should too so that our Governor can announce his resignation also. Let's just clean everything up.

Comment

Working...
                              X