#NeverTrump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #NeverTrump

This thread will serve to document the movement to get a third party candidate elected president, as much of a long shot it might be. If the third party candidate could in fact deny a majority, then under the twelfth amendment it would go to the republican controlled HoR.

Paul Ryan is withholding endorsement of Trump for now. Not completely out of question.
    Will not endorse highlights:
    Graham
    Jeb Bush
    Mark Levin
    Glenn Beck
    Ben Shapiro

Bill Kristol has met with Mitt Romney in an effort to persuade him to run on a third party "never trump" campaign.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

#nevertrump or #neverhillary - that is the choice. Democrats will come out and vote for Hillary - there is no chance that the demcratic vote will be split.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Bill Kristol has met with Mitt Romney in an effort to persuade him to run on a third party "never trump" campaign.
      A Mormon has no chance of being elected president.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        A Mormon has no chance of being elected president.
        I don't know what "less than zero" is, but I know it's a Mormon running as a 3rd party Presidential candidate for starters.

And it's an example of how out of touch a really intelligent (at one time at least) man, as well as so many of the GOP establishment, truly are.

Comment

NeverTrump is a vote for Hillary. I cannot endorse Hillary as much as I'm not a fan of trump. With Hillary we lose what's left of out Constitutional rights.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            NeverTrump is a vote for Hillary. I cannot endorse Hillary as much as I'm not a fan of trump. With Hillary we lose what's left of out Constitutional rights.
            Apparently happy hour started really early in Omaha today.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Not necessarily. There will be a third or candidate that can be written in. The problem is that a Trump has to piece together a coalition of people who can stomach a vote for him. Right now, He hasn't moved the needle at all for Hispanics, women, or others who just think he needs to be more Presidentual. If he doesn't alter his approach a little, this could be the biggest landslide in history. No, I take that back because next to Trump, Hillary will be the next worst candidate in history.

Comment

Nm

Comment

This is the first election where I've felt I can not in good conscience vote for one of the main candidates. As much as I think Hillary would be a terrible president, I think Trump would be even worse. As I've always been conservative and leaned libertarian, Austin Petersen is one candidate I feel I could get behind. I haven't quite done my research fully yet though.

So many Republicans are being exposed as "Republicans because they hate Democrats" or "Republicans because they're kinda racist". It's pathetic.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

As an atheist/agnostic I would feel 100x more comfortable with a Mormon president than an evangelical Cruz-type. As an Obama voter, I would gladly vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket over Hillary.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      As an atheist/agnostic I would feel 100x more comfortable with a Mormon president than an evangelical Cruz-type. As an Obama voter, I would gladly vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket over Hillary.
                      So do you know that most Mormons would self-identify as a branch of Evangelical Christianity? That's a rabbit trail all its own, but there's very little difference between Mormons and Evangelical Christians in regards to how their faith impacts a certain set of views and applications to daily life. A different set of tracks, but they're largely parallel in the contexts of your comment.

Comment

Would a write in, establishment Republican really be an effort to have the House of Representatives determine the Presidency?
                        In the fast lane

Comment

n/m

Comment

The family of Joe Paterno just announced that his vote will go to Hillary Clinton.

Comment

An off-ticket candidate from either party would only ensure a win by the opposing party, ala Ross Perot in 92. Now what would be crazy is if both sides have off-ticket candidates. So, Trump & the player to named later for the GOP's civil war and Hillary & Bernie for the Dem's civil war. That would be time to break out the popcorn!

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X