Happy Earth Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Okay, this might get me in trouble but.....

At your mom's house, every day is Penis Day!
    At least our moms don't lick drippy green cooters like your mom!

Ewwwww buuurrrrrrn!!!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      https://unfccc.int/essential_background/legislation/items/8810.php
      You guys should really consider going ahead and dumbing this thread down, so @MoValley John:'s mom can get a lick on it.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; April 23, 2016, 05:16 PM.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        At least our moms don't lick drippy green cooters like your mom!

Ewwwww buuurrrrrrn!!!!
        In some parts they call that lubricant.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          You guys should really consider going ahead and dumbing this thread down, so @MoValley John:'s mom can get a lick on it.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            What about federal Ethanol policy?
            I mean, I hate putting ethanol in my vehicle, but ethanol policy hugely benefited the corn industry (went from consistent surplus to bidding prices up for ethanol) and had negligible effects on the oil and gas industry.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              I mean, I hate putting ethanol in my vehicle, but ethanol policy hugely benefited the corn industry (went from consistent surplus to bidding prices up for ethanol) and had negligible effects on the oil and gas industry.
              Sure it has - the Government has created a requirement that can only be filled by the corn industry, and they are subsidizing it. It also a win for the oil and gas industry also because ethanol contain less energy than normal gasoline, therefore with the decreased fuel efficiency, there is ultimately lower MPG and consumers actually use more gasoline (and at ultimately higher price). But there are several other effects:

1. Ethanol is suppose to make fossil fuel more greener - but when you do the full accounting from using equipment that run on fossil fuel equipment, to the refining process - it actually not. It cost more energy to produce than it generates.

2. The ethanol industry has driven up the price of corn. If you are feed corn grower, you are golden. But if you are a consumer this means higher food prices. Ranchers who feed corn to livestock face higher costs. This then contributes to rising prices in meat, dairy and egg prices. There is also an affect of food corn now being diverted feed corn so as to produce bio-fuel, thus fueling food crises in developing countries. In 1999, 6% of corn produced went to ethanol, in 2010, that rose to ~39%, over the same period of time international corn prices increased by 300%+

3. NOAA has found that ethanol refineries are big emitters of air pollution.

4. Land conservation - land that was in government conservation programs is being broken out once more because it more profitable to the farmer for corn. Generally this land that the government puts into these program is land that is not as good and has lower yields and subject to erosion.

5. Ethanol cause problems with engines because the alcohol causes wear and absorbs water. The absorbed water reduces your octane rating of fuel and you get knock. I assume at some point, engines will eventually be engineered to handle ethanol better.

6. There was a case in 1995 (API vs EPA) where the EPA had to admit ethanol creates more smog than regular gasoline.

The New York Times ran a front page story Sunday on a new outrage resulting from one of the biggest scams in America today, ethanol mandates, and how they have made American consumers poorer, while enriching Wall Street profiteers through ethanol credits. The story is entitled "Wall St. Exploits Ethanol Credits, and Prices Spike," and focuses on the

Comment

As a mechanic- ethanol is the devil. Diesel should be the future.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  As a mechanic- ethanol is the devil. Diesel should be the future.
                  Is that just diesel or bio-diesel or both?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Is that just diesel or bio-diesel or both?
                    Diesel is the only fuel that lubricates as it burns. High-sulfur diesel is the best fuel.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                    X