Scalia Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalia Dead

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.

https://Associate Justice Antonin Sc...officialssaid.

Bad news for those who still believe in the constitution.

OMG
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

the Pelican...........Brief......

Comment

Very sad news for our nation. This will conpletly change not only the court but the nation and what gets done in Obamas last year. I pray for the Nation and his Family during this time.

Comment

Going to be a fun fight to watch play out over the next several months.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Scalia speaking at a Roman Catholic school in Metairie, Louisiana,

Scalia pointed out that, contrary to some extreme secularists, government support for religion is not only justified by the Constitution but has throughout most of our history been the unspoken norm. Moreover, he argued, “one of the reasons” that the Untied States has prospered so mightily is that the American people have always done God honor. "God has been very good to us," he said. “That we won the revolution was extraordinary. The Battle of Midway was extraordinary. I think one of the reasons God has been good to us is that we have done him honor. Unlike the other countries of the world that do not even invoke his name, we do him honor.”

Comment

RIP to a brilliant jurist.

The battle to get his prospective replacement through a Senate vote in the next 11 months is going to be nasty. Early scuttle favors Sri Srinivasan to get the President's nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                RIP to a brilliant jurist.

The battle to get his prospective replacement through a Senate vote in the next 11 months is going to be nasty. Early scuttle favors Sri Srinivasan to get the President's nomination.
                Maybe Hillary will nominate Bill?
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

They have luxury resorts in west Texas?

Comment

RIP
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      A secluded 30,000 acre exclusive ranch for the rich and famous.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        You've never been to Marfa, I see. Giant, James dean's last movie was filmed there. Although the backdrop is quintessentially Western and it has a rustic look, it's a little hard for me to understand why it's an even bigger magnet for the wealthy as is Kerrville.

Comment

Marfa is really weird but a fun place to spend a weekend. A terrific pain in the butt to get there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Marfa is really weird but a fun place to spend a weekend. A terrific pain in the butt to get there, though.
                            It's easy (but time consuming) for me. Drive a couple of miles down to the Amtrak station, getting on the train to the west coast and about 12 hours later I'm in Marfa. Leave at 9 p.m., arrive the next day about 9 a.m

Might be fun for a weekend, but waaaayyyyy too small for me to want to spend much time there. Think of Lyons, Kansas (or maybe Goodland) with a teacher's college (Sul Ross State) thrown in for good measure..

Comment

There's also about 1000x more $$$ with some world class art collections and high end culinary options nearby.

It's similar to Lyons in sheer population but culturally it is not comparable. You wouldn't compare Taos to Pratt, or at least you shouldn't, and Marfa has a lot more in common with Taos.

Comment

Working...
                              X