No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things have blown up at work that there are rumors that Trump might drop out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Things have blown up at work that there are rumors that Trump might drop out?
      I haven't heard this, but given his history, would anyone be surprised?
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Wishful thinking by some anti-Trump Republicans, but here is an article.

Senior Republican Party leaders are exploring how they would replace their nominee if he exits the race
        In the fast lane

Comment

That has the potential to be fantastic news, albeit quite unlikely.

EDIT: And... tropical posted at the same time with relevant info.
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 3, 2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Is it even possible for anyone to do more to damage Trump's campaign than Trump is doing to it?
            Had the RNC not happen yet, he would be OUT.

Comment

• Fox news is reporting

Influential Republican allies of Donald Trump are trying to arrange an “intervention” – what amounts to a strategic review – with the GOP presidential nominee in a bid to convince the candidate to change up his approach after a rocky few days, Fox News has learned.
              meanwhile campaign manager Paul Manafort denied knowledge of any intervention effort and said

"The campaign is in good shape,”
              Just when I thought you couldn't get any DUMBER you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Well suck me sideways....

Comment

Shades of Ross Perot in 1992. But in this case, it would certainly be better for the party and the country if Trump dropped out. I don't know how he gets replaced but almost any other Republican would be better than Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Shades of Ross Perot in 1992. But in this case, it would certainly be better for the party and the country if Trump dropped out. I don't know how he gets replaced but almost any other Republican would be better than Trump.
                  I wasn't a big Romney fan, but if Trump quit tomorrow and the RNC replaced him with Romney, even with a late start, Romney would win easily.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Any other candidate and Hillary is toast! Makes one wonder if the dems are funding Trump.

Comment

• I would think that the amount of buzz surrounding a replacement would be incredible. They would have a huge upper hand right off the bat between the sigh of relief coming from the entire Republican base as well as the media frenzy to cover it. If they could somehow find a decent candidate to step in, that person would have no trouble gaining a lot of attention...and you only have to beat Hillary for goodness sake. People are very uneasy about her as well. It could be a landslide if they handle this correctly.

Comment

• i'd think that Romney has burned his bridges with many Trump supporters. Same probably goes for Ryan, certainly for Cruz. Hard to imagine any candidate the GOP could pick who'd be able to retain the various factions of the party
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          I wasn't a big Romney fan, but if Trump quit tomorrow and the RNC replaced him with Romney, even with a late start, Romney would win easily.
                          If Romney had beat Obama, we wouldn't be talking about Trump right now. Why did Romney lose?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            If Romney had beat Obama, we wouldn't be talking about Trump right now. Why did Romney lose?
                            Probably the exact same reason why Trump seems to be losing ground, but from a slightly different angle this time. A huge voter base that may not turn out for someone that doesn't represent their beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Tens of reasons. He ran an ineffective campaign, he came off moderate, almost liberal. He didn't attack Obama. He played way too nice. None of these reasons would prevent him from beating Hillary. In fact, he could play nice and let her attacks turn against her. Being moderate is exactly what this country wants right now, Hillary would come off as a liberal extremist. Romney has integrity, something this country dearly wants, Hillary has zero integrity.

The more I think of it, Romney was the wrong guy to face Obama, but the perfect candidate to beat Clinton.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                Tens of reasons. He ran an ineffective campaign, he came off moderate, almost liberal. He didn't attack Obama. He played way too nice. None of these reasons would prevent him from beating Hillary. In fact, he could play nice and let her attacks turn against her. Being moderate is exactly what this country wants right now, Hillary would come off as a liberal extremist. Romney has integrity, something this country dearly wants, Hillary has zero integrity.

The more I think of it, Romney was the wrong guy to face Obama, but the perfect candidate to beat Clinton.
                                Oddly, I feel like Trump himself was the perfect candidate to face Obama.

Comment

Working...
                                X