Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... oh yeah, can't forget these two whores:

There's more grounds for an investigation based of the facts of the "Nunes Memo" than what's contained in the largely unverified DNC/Steele portfolio, which plainly was designed to target, and or trap, political opponents. No? How's about it you legal eagles?

There has to have been specific evidence for a successful application of Title I (espionage) vs. Title VII (metadata). Probably Steele's true function (as a -ahem- "reliable source") in this whole charade, given the fact that there is a quiet clamor that he is not even the true author of the dossier, which if true, taking into account his BIAS toward the President, is surprising in the least.

I'm grateful Nunes, and a growing list of Republicans also, by the way, had the cajones to step up and say enough already; Take the "Resist" movement and shove it up your keister.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa..._i_summary.pdf

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 5, 2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• I have words I want to use on those that think somehow bias against Trump is akin to treason. I want to say those words, but doing so would inevitably get me banned. So instead, I'll use softer words.

Trump cultists (yes, that is the nicest thing I have to say) have a version of reality that works like this:
      1. Trump is a normal guy, an outsider fighting for the common man
      2. Everyone on the inside hates him and conspired to stop him
      3. The Hillary campaign colluded with Russia to try and bring Trump down with the FBI's help, but failed
      4. The media and FBI are all in and complicit in the shadow administration's lies thanks to their illegal bias
      Let me just say this. Every part of that is not only wrong, but nearly exactly the opposite of the truth. At this point I know the lies well enough to know exactly where they originated and to instantly know why they are wrong. But at a very basic level, these beliefs scare me not just because they are delusional and protect an authoritarian President, but because that actively endorse a wholly authoritarian government.

"Bias" becomes more illegal than actual illegal activity. But not all bias. Work for the President on the transition team? You are fine, go ahead and touch everything relating to the investigation. Republican with 20 years of commendable service investigating Trump? Partisan Democrat plant, needs to be jailed. It is obvious Trump cultists would rather abandon law and order than give up Trump for his crimes.

"What crimes?"

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Now leftist's ardently claim "what's wrong with bias?" Hahahahahah.... Too late buddy, or is it ma'am?

Glad you took the time to list Hillary's infractions. It's why she lost. That wench could never have been President.

So glad she lost. But hey, keep hope alive. There's always plan C.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 6, 2018, 03:49 PM.

• CBB_Fan
        CBB_Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Again, you live in the opposite of our reality. I'm not even sure you receive my messages, or if a dimensional warp somehow sends them to you in garbled fashion. My message wasn't "what is wrong with bias" but rather:

* You hypocrite. You claim bias where there is none, and avoid OBVIOUS bias when it affects you.
        * You authoritarian. You want to jail those that don't worship your king, as if that alone was a crime. You should learn what it means to be a lower case republican.

To be honest, I have far nastier to say but I'll bite my tongue.

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Godda-- Hillary Bot's are everywhere ; )

Have a look at this tin-foil wearing hat leftist:

It's McCarthy style hysterics all over again. Keep hoping.

• No obstruction here huh? There exists a plethora of other verified examples, as the evidence is starting to reveal, with more to come. No?

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 6, 2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Whew! That was fun!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• straw2.jpg
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Hilarious.

It's like watching an episode of Archie Bunker (don't get triggered) about alternate truth's.

Campus Reform has released another great video catching college students in their political biases against President Donald Trump. The video shows correspondent Cabot Phillips asking students at John Jay College in New York City to react to lines from Trump's State of the Union speech last week — ex...

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                I have words I want to use on those that think somehow bias against Trump is akin to treason. I want to say those words, but doing so would inevitably get me banned. So instead, I'll use softer words.

Trump cultists (yes, that is the nicest thing I have to say) have a version of reality that works like this:
                1. Trump is a normal guy, an outsider fighting for the common man
                2. Everyone on the inside hates him and conspired to stop him
                3. The Hillary campaign colluded with Russia to try and bring Trump down with the FBI's help, but failed
                4. The media and FBI are all in and complicit in the shadow administration's lies thanks to their illegal bias
                Let me just say this. Every part of that is not only wrong, but nearly exactly the opposite of the truth. At this point I know the lies well enough to know exactly where they originated and to instantly know why they are wrong. But at a very basic level, these beliefs scare me not just because they are delusional and protect an authoritarian President, but because that actively endorse a wholly authoritarian government.

"Bias" becomes more illegal than actual illegal activity. But not all bias. Work for the President on the transition team? You are fine, go ahead and touch everything relating to the investigation. Republican with 20 years of commendable service investigating Trump? Partisan Democrat plant, needs to be jailed. It is obvious Trump cultists would rather abandon law and order than give up Trump for his crimes.

"What crimes?"

Slow your roll there. Your vitriol is not adding to the discussion. Now that you’ve got this tantrum out of your system, do you have anything useful to say?
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Slow your roll there. Your vitriol is not adding to the discussion. Now that you’ve got this tantrum out of your system, do you have anything useful to say?
                  I doubt it, he is a butt hurt Snowflake still trying to deal with the loss by his beloved Hillary.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• To be fair, if a "tantrum" was ever justified, it was after Trump called democrats "treasonous" for not clapping for him during the SOTU.

It's the epitome of Trump. There's nothing we can do about it. His supporters wave it away as him just saying stuff and it doesn't really mean anything. But to the rest of us, it has an impact. Telling us that it's treasonous to not support the president is infuriating. To have a president who could possibly think that way is maddening. How are we so far removed from the principles upon which the nation was founded?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      To be fair, if a "tantrum" was ever justified, it was after Trump called democrats "treasonous" for not clapping for him during the SOTU.

It's the epitome of Trump. There's nothing we can do about it. His supporters wave it away as him just saying stuff and it doesn't really mean anything. But to the rest of us, it has an impact. Telling us that it's treasonous to not support the president is infuriating. To have a president who could possibly think that way is maddening. How are we so far removed from the principles upon which the nation was founded?
                      I’m being serious. That’s not helpful for any discourse. I would very much appreciate it if our president didn’t tweet/say crazy stuff. Most can agree with that. Well he does do that. Now what?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• jdshock
                        jdshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hence CBB's post.

An entire group got called treasonous for exercising rights that are fundamental to our nation's democracy. For exercising rights that conservatives exercised constantly throughout the Obama years.

It's probably not impeachable. There's not a law we can pass to prevent him from being an idiot. There's not a quick fix to this problem. All we can do is vent and try to convince folks that it's a big deal. Your post here makes it sound like "yeah, I wish he didn't do it... but whatever." It's a much bigger deal than that.

• Did he really say it was treasonous or did he say that someone else told him it was treasonous? I just caught a bit of the comment walking past the TV. But do words really have an impact like you are saying to you and others on the left? Seriously.....I'm not saying rub some dirt on it, but rub some dirt on it. I mean come on...sticks and stones? It's not like for one second anyone is going to be thrown in jail for not clapping lol. Society is way too hung up on words right now and your side is responsible for trying to silence unappealing speech and thoughts. Who would have thought that the left would be the ones to take on free speech? If you would have told me that in say 1985 that the Dems would do this I would have thought our country was over.

Calling the Dems treasonous for not applauding some really good points is silly. Just as silly as Nancy's look of hatred throughout the speech. Not nearly as silly as Luis Guitierrez running out of the SOTU and calling our PRESIDENT a racist. That's ridiculous and YOU know it is. But where's your indignation for literally 1000s of comments like that? Your side has claimed since day 1 that he's in bed with the Russians. Seems clear to most people he wants America to succeed first, yet Russia Russia Russia when the only thing proven so far is widespread corruption in the DNC and Hillary's camp...but still Russia Russia Russia. You treat him like a child and then act surprised that he acts like one.

Don't we all want the same thing? A better country? Yes, we have very different ideas on how to achieve that but I have no doubt every one of your ideas is born from a desire to have a better country.

But for crying out loud get over the words. I wish he wouldn't say those kind of things. I wish we'd see a lot more of the SOTU effort and less of the twitter effort. But there are a lot of people out there that are sick and tired of being threatened, brow beaten and told they are racist, privileged and wrong just because they work hard and stay out of trouble and have been under threat from the left for years, and you know this is true. Now that they have a leader who fights back and some enjoy that. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Did he really say it was treasonous or did he say that someone else told him it was treasonous? I just caught a bit of the comment walking past the TV.
                        Yes. He said "Somebody said, 'treasonous.' I mean, yeah, I guess 'why not?' Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean they certainly didn't seem to love our country that much."

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        But do words really have an impact like you are saying to you and others on the left? Seriously.....I'm not saying rub some dirt on it, but rub some dirt on it. I mean come on...sticks and stones? It's not like for one second anyone is going to be thrown in jail for not clapping lol. ... Calling the Dems treasonous for not applauding some really good points is silly. ... But for crying out loud get over the words. I wish he wouldn't say those kind of things. I wish we'd see a lot more of the SOTU effort and less of the twitter effort.
                        This is exactly what I predicted. Trump supporters were always going to say "yeah, I'm not a fan of the tweeting, but get over it." Do I really have to explain why it's bad for the president to call the other side treasonous for not supporting him? That's North Korea level stuff. It's not "silly." It's propaganda, and it's frightening to see people think it's not a big deal. It is absolutely, unequivocally not the same as "Nancy's look of hatred." One is an expression of disapproval for government actions. The other is an attempt to brainwash people into thinking democrats are anti-american and treasonous for the mere fact that they don't support our supreme leader. And it's got people thinking that it's okay for the president to say stuff like that so long as he's not literally throwing people in jail for their behavior.

Look, Trump is not going to stop his crap so long as his base is telling his targets to lighten up. At some point, the base has to come around and start saying "we like your policies, but unless you change you're behavior we're going to support a republican challenger in 2020."

Two other notes:

1. My first post wasn't even an attempt to get anyone on board. It was literally just a defense of a pretty rationale post by CBB. I just don't think it's fair to call his post a "tantrum" when it's a pretty reasonable thing to have a visceral reaction to.

2. As to the rest of your post about dems shutting down free speech: I try to be a pretty big advocate for free speech rights in most contexts. I don't think it's accurate to suggest I regularly support the limitation of those rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I promise you, this is not even slightly the measure of my vitriol. And this is coming from a person that has never cast a vote for a Democratic President.

Frankly, I think the most useful thing I can say to those that still support Trump is "look in a mirror, you are *** ****** insane." Literally every view, belief, idea, thought, meme is false or delusional. My fight-flight reaction goes off the charts when I see people buying into propaganda to the absurd extent I am seeing, despite mounds of contradictory evidence.

I see people defending, nay actually full-throatedly supporting Nunes. Nunes, a member of the Trump transition team whose conflict of interest led to his recusing himself from Russia related matters. It is beyond hypocritical to attack the FBI for the "bias" of thinking Trump-affiliates are guilty and trying to prosecute them (that is sort of the definition of prosecution) but to defend Nunes breaking his recusal to push factually false memos that are plagued with actual conflicts of interest. And like all these things, I have pages of equally bad backstory showing massive conflicts of interest, outright lies, and extremely dangerous propaganda points that all point to Nunes being untrustworthy and acting in bad faith.

As far as Trump goes, I don't have a positive opinion of him. Perhaps that will be taken wrongly: I don't mean to say my overall viewpoint of the man is negative, but rather that I do not have single individual positive thought towards the man among all the negative.

Do I think he is racist? Well, not nearly as much as he is sexist, but certainly. That is what I consider to be the reasonable conclusion after Trump: refused to rent to black people, says Haitians have aids and Nigerians live huts, said he "hates" black guys counting his money, called for the death penalty for 5 black teenagers after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, stated that laziness was a trait in blacks, called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" including US citizens, claimed a judge was bias because of his Mexican heritage, etc.

To put forth such effort defending such a man is ... delusional is the nicest word I can muster. Like I said before, this is basically a fight or flight reaction to people calmly accepting and even supporting calls to arrest any opposition for treason, "bias," or some sort of conspiratorial coup. That should be the point where even Trump supporters step back and say "wow, that is really too far." Instead, they cheer louder.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I promise you, this is not even slightly the measure of my vitriol. And this is coming from a person that has never cast a vote for a Democratic President.

Frankly, I think the most useful thing I can say to those that still support Trump is "look in a mirror, you are *** ****** insane." Literally every view, belief, idea, thought, meme is false or delusional. My fight-flight reaction goes off the charts when I see people buying into propaganda to the absurd extent I am seeing, despite mounds of contradictory evidence.

I see people defending, nay actually full-throatedly supporting Nunes. Nunes, a member of the Trump transition team whose conflict of interest led to his recusing himself from Russia related matters. It is beyond hypocritical to attack the FBI for the "bias" of thinking Trump-affiliates are guilty and trying to prosecute them (that is sort of the definition of prosecution) but to defend Nunes breaking his recusal to push factually false memos that are plagued with actual conflicts of interest. And like all these things, I have pages of equally bad backstory showing massive conflicts of interest, outright lies, and extremely dangerous propaganda points that all point to Nunes being untrustworthy and acting in bad faith.

As far as Trump goes, I don't have a positive opinion of him. Perhaps that will be taken wrongly: I don't mean to say my overall viewpoint of the man is negative, but rather that I do not have single individual positive thought towards the man among all the negative.

Do I think he is racist? Well, not nearly as much as he is sexist, but certainly. That is what I consider to be the reasonable conclusion after Trump: refused to rent to black people, says Haitians have aids and Nigerians live huts, said he "hates" black guys counting his money, called for the death penalty for 5 black teenagers after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, stated that laziness was a trait in blacks, called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" including US citizens, claimed a judge was bias because of his Mexican heritage, etc.

To put forth such effort defending such a man is ... delusional is the nicest word I can muster. Like I said before, this is basically a fight or flight reaction to people calmly accepting and even supporting calls to arrest any opposition for treason, "bias," or some sort of conspiratorial coup. That should be the point where even Trump supporters step back and say "wow, that is really too far." Instead, they cheer louder.
                            I'm in the same exact boat. The full throated defense of the things that are being said and done is really frightening. Not because of the actions itself(which on it's own very worrisome), but what it says about what people are willing to compromise on because it's their guy/team. Nunes has no business being on the HIC, but here he sits. Let's not forget he went on Fox News this week saying that Trump had never even met George Papadopoulos. We not only have pictures of Trump in meetings with him, but we have Trump on record, on camera even, saying that George Papadopoulos is "an excellent guy". It's astounding the falsehoods that are being propagated and accepted. Nunes is fundamentally undermining longstanding Congressional procedure for investigations with the release of the memo. And that has opened the flood gates for petty memo releases acting as pseudo-official investigative conclusions, when it's just opinion.

And this sticks and stones thing is nonsense. Words matter. Words have meaning. Using treason so lightly as a president is concerning(or maybe it's not being used lightly which is even more worrisome). This not the language a president ANY president of any party, ethnicity, or religion, should be using to describe the opposition party for not clapping or standing at a SotU. People who say things like suck it up, they are just words, are also people who would be incensed if some of the personal attacks and language Trump uses were directed at themselves and/or their family. And rightfully so. Remember basket of deplorables? Weren't those just words too? No. Words have meaning. I hate this thought that political correctness is some how weakness. It's absurd. Why if you know that something is offensive to someone, it doesn't matter why, do you want to continue doing it? Does it make you feel tougher? I get mistakes happen, every single one of us has said offensive and inappropriate things, but defending your words because you don't wanna censor yourself or put thought into what you are saying and what it means doesn't make you some champion of free speech, it makes you an inconsiderate asshole.

Comment

Working...
                            X