Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    Is this based on changes the new administration has made or would this have happened even if Hillary was elected?
    Who knows. At least I dont. My guess is that it probably wouldnt have been as big of a jump if Hillary got elected. She wasnt as much for business as Trump imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      Is this based on changes the new administration has made or would this have happened even if Hillary was elected?
      I personally thought Trump getting elected was good for my pocket book, and it appears to be the case so far. I really don't think Hillary would have done anything but hurt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        I personally thought Trump getting elected was good for my pocket book, and it appears to be the case so far. I really don't think Hillary would have done anything but hurt it.
        I don't think that is a very realistic belief. Hillary Clinton would have been elected into a hostile Congress with substantial scandal (and without Teflon Don's ability to get away with stuff) and negative political capital.

I'm not sure if a single portion of her agenda would have even made it to the floor, or whether a single nominee would have been affirmed in the Senate. In fact, I think impeachment papers would have been served in the first week unless they explicitly wanted to delay to use the hearings as ammo in the next election.

Trump has passed exactly two pieces of new policy legislation. One was the force-fed Russia sanctions bill, the other a whistleblower protection bill. He's signed 15 bills that reversed Obama era policies (none of real impact to the economy), and the rest of the 53 were all ceremonial or initiative-starting bills.

Frankly speaking, the tax bill would be the first major piece of economic legislation to hit Trump's desk. This almost year-long period of stability is likely as big of a reason as any for the current domestic growth, the speculation on interest rates and tax cuts is another factor.

Comment

• I think attributing any economic success or failure to one president regardless of who, is foolish. At least from what I have seen in the market/economy is we've been on the same exact tend since 2009 baring a slight slump to end 2015.

Comment

• Zero doubt Trump helped the economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Zero doubt Trump helped the economy.
              I think Hillary's election would have resulted in a negative outlook for the economy. I think Trump will help the economy (less regulation, smaller federal government, less healthcare, lower taxes), I'm just not sure we are seeing actual improvement or hope for future improvement.

Comment

• Tom Price resigns under pressure for using government-funded chartered planes for several hundred thousand dollars worth of personal travel. Trump was reportedly on the verge of firing him.

Not that the healthcare bill needed a death knell but the timing of his Hindenburg imitation is apt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Tom Price resigns under pressure for using government-funded chartered planes for several hundred thousand dollars worth of personal travel. Trump was reportedly on the verge of firing him.

Not that the healthcare bill needed a death knell but the timing of his Hindenburg imitation is apt.
                  Oh, the humanitommy!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• lol

Viewing headlines on Breitbart along with a few other similar sites and HuffPo along with some aligned liberal counterparts, you would think that Trump this morning both promised to confiscate all firearms (Breitbart) while simultaneously vowing to further expand access to weapons like the one used by Paddock (New Yorker) and any legislation regarding firearms is categorically off the table (Rolling Stone).

In reality, he said "We'll be talking about gun control laws as time goes by."

Just...ugh.

Comment

• Looks like a win win!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Looks like a win win!

That kinda looks like Crean's butt cut.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Looks like a win win!

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          That kinda looks like Crean's butt cut.
                          One more Trump thread hijack - you're spot on!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• President Trump didn’t bring division. Division brought Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                President Trump didn’t bring division. Division brought Trump.
                                While I didn't vote for him, this statement is so true.

Comment

Working...
                                X